Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
now imagine i have 1000 usd as my floating equity and as my floating balance increase the equity will increase. now i want to risk 20% of my equity only.
what should be the number written in the condition column? should is write 20 or 80?

will the AP EA fallow the equity as it increase or decrease by the floating P\L or i should manually take new snapshots EACH TIME it reaches a new height as my floating P\L increase or decrease?

You would need to update the snapshots manually.

i can not see the smile sign of auto traders being active(being ON) on all of my charts, so is it controlling my entire portfolio or only the trades of that single instruments where it is attached to its chart? (no filter is applied)
It is active through the entire platform. The smile sign appears only on charts where there is an EA attached.

if i need it to control my entire profile do i need it to attach it to every chart or one chart and one condition set is enough ?

No, it works for the entire portfolio unless you apply filters.

• 👍
Reactions: milo_of_ persia

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Tom mitchell

Trader
May 19, 2020
Hi

i have just downloaded the EA and want to set it up to protect my account. I am using a buy and sell EA and want this to save my account from going over 30% drawdown. I have it 2 pairs running at the minute, GBPAUD and EURJPY. how would i set it up to do this?

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You can just attach the Account Protector to any chart in your platform and set the "Floating loss raises to % of balance" condition to 30. That's if you are interested in protecting against a floating drawdown. If your EAs regularly close their trades and you want to turn AutoTrading off when your balance to decreases to 70% of initial balance, then you can set the "Equity <= currency units" condition to, let's say, $7,000 (if your starting balance is $10,000) - it will take into account your balance + the current unrealized profit/loss. You can also take a snapshot of your current equity and set the "Equity <= $ of shapshot" condition.

In all cases, you need to set trading actions for Close 100% of All trades, Delete all pending orders, and Disable autotrading.

You don't need any filters or other settings in the case you described.

TradeBull

Trader
May 22, 2020
Hi Enivid, thanks for a great EA it has saved my account many times.
A question when i have many many trades at once that closes it seams sometimes there is one or two that is still active. as far as I can figure it has something to do with the amount of trades being closed and the fact I set it to close auto trade as well. Is there e a way to stop auto trade before the actual closing of open trades?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, thanks for a great EA it has saved my account many times.
A question when i have many many trades at once that closes it seams sometimes there is one or two that is still active. as far as I can figure it has something to do with the amount of trades being closed and the fact I set it to close auto trade as well. Is there e a way to stop auto trade before the actual closing of open trades?
Most likely, it disables AutoTrading before finishing closing all orders. However, that shouldn't happen normally, but only when trading is disabled for particular symbol or there is no connection to the server. What are the messages in the Experts tab when this happens? There could be some errors that would indicate what's happening. Also, the EA uses a log file (log.txt by default) in the MQL4/Files/ folder - there might be some info on this problem too.

TradeBull

Trader
May 22, 2020
An example from log file. If you look at the time code it seams to close positions first then close autotrading.
"2020.05.19 17:58:00 ------End Logging Current Parameters------
2020.05.19 17:58:00 ACTION IS TAKEN: Close positions (100% of All).
2020.05.19 17:58:03 ACTION IS TAKEN: Delete all pending orders.
2020.05.19 17:58:03 ACTION IS TAKEN: Disable autotrading.
2020.05.19 17:58:03 ACTION IS TAKEN: Send push notifications.
2020.05.19 17:58:03 Push notification about condition sent.
2020.05.19 17:58:03 Push notification about actions sent.
2020.05.20 16:29:59 CONDITION IS MET: Timeout by timer"

Attachments

• log.set
    6.8 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It looks like it closed all the positions before finishing. If it didn't close something and still writes that 100% of trades have been closed, then there are two possibilities:
1. Some attached EA opens a new trade faster than the time that Account Protector spends between closing the trades and disabling AutoTrading.
2. You have some filters set up that make the Account Protector ignore those positions.

ForexJack

Trader
May 31, 2020
Hi Enivid,

I'am using the account protector and almost everything seems to work very well, thanks for that!
The only thing that doesn't seem to work is sending the email...

So in the "actions" section you have to option to let the EA send you an email when the EA takes action. (this is very important to me because I'm using an algorithm that I need to turn on again right away when needed).
So my questions is where do I fill in the email where the EA sends his notification to? Or do I need to have an payed account or something?

Would love to hear from you.

Charbel

Trader
Jun 1, 2020
Hello dear, just wanted to ask if 1-i really need to update the equity by clicking the new snapshot of equity manually, bcz it doesnt update automatically.. 2-Another issue is that i can not set time for the time user, i just typed my requested time and when i click outside the main tab.. It doesnt save my typed time... 3-can i use the equity protector on another 2 charts so i can enable autotrading bcz on the first chart im trying to disable it... Anyway tku for the free EA

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1-i really need to update the equity by clicking the new snapshot of equity manually, bcz it doesnt update automatically..
Yes, you need to update snapshots manually.

2-Another issue is that i can not set time for the time user, i just typed my requested time and when i click outside the main tab.. It doesnt save my typed time...
Most likely, you are using the wrong format for the time you enter, it should be "HH:MM".

3-can i use the equity protector on another 2 charts so i can enable autotrading bcz on the first chart im trying to disable it...
Two APs on different charts should work.

Dr.HS

Jun 16, 2020
Thank you very much for your EA.

Question can I protect certain magic number equity only out of the whole account equity that has many magic numbers ?

For Example, I did back-test for 5 pairs. each one of them has a good set of maximum equity DD of 100$.
EURUSD max DD 100$
USDJPY max DD 100$
AUDUSD max DD 100$
USDCAD max DD 100$
GBPUSD max DD 100$

therefore, I will have an account of 1000$ for the 5 pairs and ensure every pair has an equity protection of 105$ which in case it reach that level, it will close all position for that only pair.

scenario 1, EURUSD lose 100$, it will have a lose of 10% of the 1000$ account. instead of 50% if you only trade EURUSD with an account of 200$.

So with this feature of equity protection, we can diversify, with several pairs to trade with your EA.

Dr.HS

Jun 16, 2020
You can do it by setting a filter for a currency pair. You will need to be running as many instances of Account Protector as there are currency pairs you want to track.

thank you very much. its working.

wish you all the best and success.

TradeBull

Trader
May 22, 2020
Hi Enivid, thanks for all the good work you do.

I have a question about manage loss by hedging a counter trade instead of closing trades. I do this manually today but it would be nice to have it as an option in AP. Is it possible to do something like that?

rasasu

Trader
Jul 11, 2020
Hi @Enivid ,

I am using an EA which does the alternate sell and buys and takes profit every 15 pips on XAUAUD. Some days if the market is too volatile - for instances like the gold market, it can go into massive drawdown for almost a day before it bounces back. It can be opening multiple small lots at different price levels in either buy or sell direction. Each time the lot sizes are increased in multiples of 1.5x as of the price of gold drops or rise high continuously. It can open multiple lot sizes at different stages in the same direction. I have been using the AP to reduce the drawdown and trying to close in profit, however, most of the time I am either breaking even or closing that entire trade with small losses. I am not sure which setup I need to adjust to ensure all the multi-lots that are opened at different levels in the same directions are closed in an average of profit rather than break-even/loss. On my EA, I set the TP has 160 and on AP it's 150 with SL trailing 10 and 30% rise in loss floating risk (condition) and 30% close in all losing position (action). I am kind of lost which numbers has to be optimized.

If you look at my images up to 2 different lot sizes it closes in an average of profit but 3 or more stages it's closing in a loss. I hope you can kindly help me.

Thanks,
Rasasu

Attachments

• IMG_9103.jpg
    IMG_9103.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9104.jpg
    IMG_9104.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9105.jpg
    IMG_9105.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3