Forex Trading Experience

benny1234

Active Trader
Dec 31, 2009
Had started a micro account with fxcm, nearly crashed the account after 8 months. similar problem like over trade, no stop lost, fear and greed that kills the account. hopefully can reflect on it and learn from it.

Thanks

Amna Joseph

Banned
Mar 1, 2010
Had started a micro account with fxcm, nearly crashed the account after 8 months. similar problem like over trade, no stop lost, fear and greed that kills the account. hopefully can reflect on it and learn from it.

Thanks

This is incredible. Forex is a market where you need to have experience, control on emotions and knowledge. Mere dreaming can lead you nowhere. I like the ememies of forex trading you highlighted here.

Forexcube

Master Trader
Dec 2, 2009
Switzerland
www.forexcube.ch
Hey everyone,

So here's the question, how long have you been trading Forex & what role do you think experience plays in trading?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hello FXexpert

I trade forex over 7 years now. I know over 70 strategies and trade 3-5 systems of it. I have read over 300 books and articles about forex. I trade 4 days a week in front of two monitors. Experience make me more critical about my own trading decisions and is extremely helpful since three years.

Kindest regards
Fx Cube

Last edited by a moderator:

markcrisp

Active Trader
Apr 13, 2010
After reading for a couple of hours I decided to become a member of this forum too. Great and effective learning forum so far :)

graceheather

Active Trader
Jun 25, 2010
Forex trading is gaining its momentum very fast.

Sadly to say, many people think forex is get-rich-quick thingy... and most come in with a "playing" or "gambling" mindset. Business mindset it not there.

I am in forex for 2 years. I find that MINDSET of a person is more important. You should have the RIGHT MINDSET...

Some business books are important for beginner... such as Donald trump - Think Big & Kick Ass, Think & Grow Rich & also some NLP stuff...

anna575

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2010
Hello

Wow, This is incredible post. I am also in forex for 3 years. You can make money to know this experience. Very informative..:rolleyes:

ortan

Active Trader
Nov 1, 2010
There are several ways to learn Forex trading. Some traders visit their local bookstore and ask for a good Forex book, some traders apply for Forex Courses. Many traders look for websites which offer free forms of training covering all the basics. While a lot of traders learn the dynamics of the forex market in one of several ways. Learning to trade in the forex market can be a rewarding experience. In fact, most of traders go live way too soon and lose their money because they always skip the necessary steps. A demo account is the perfect place to try your trading strategies. It is also one of the best ways to gain Forex trading experience. The Forex demo account does not contain real money but virtual money typically up to $100,000 in play cash. Forex brokers always provide a Forex demo account or Forex practice account to their potential clients.

marshal

Trader
Nov 30, 2010
to my mind, many people nowadays try to know more about trading on Forex. The experience in trading play a vital role, I can tell this relying on my first experience that ended not very successful. When I began to trade I thought that the more money you invest the better, but now I think that we should invest the sum of money we are not scared to risk for losses. Loss is the result of my first experience. But I am a trader nowadays and still in a process of studying many things and strategies in Forex.

any work need to experience,you learn basics of any work but that is not sufficient for you to can success this work and you aquire experience with time and by successful people in this work.
apply this in forex trading then you need firstly learn fundamentals and secondly consult successful trader and finally follow forex news
i think this is good way for successful
thanks for all

jmathers

Trader
Dec 22, 2010
I've only been trading for a few months, but my overall grasp on it has been pretty quick. Thankfully I have some great mentors and expect to make some large gains in the future but that will take some time for my confidence to build up.

gnike

Trader
Feb 13, 2011
I just barely started. I can't tell any experience yet as I am still on the process of learning. Thanks to this forum, I get to learn a lot.

pipeasytrader

Trader
Jun 20, 2011
I find that videos help. I always like to learn new methods. Groups like this help tremendously. When you find a method that works for you stick with and modify.

fx_mdugless

Banned
Aug 6, 2012
Trading for a while now, I realized that you must be an organized person, to behave as you were you own boss. Risk management is one of the most important and not only cutting losses short but also risking only as much as you can afford to lose is a very volatile definition for many traders. Each traders has a different personality, a different type of trading and a different self control. Copying what other traders do might surprisingly end in losses even though the source won. Trading is relative to knowledge, abilities, self control and the broker's execution and response time. Many variables combine to constantly have a great output, to accept the eventual losses (which will come for sure) and to reinvent your own technique until you reach the desired level.

Lora Bill

Last edited:

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm sure there are varying levels of experience here when it comes to trading. Some of us have been trading for years, while others are just starting out, I'd like to get everyone's take on how long they have been trading & how they think experience helps traders(if at all).

So here's the question, how long have you been trading Forex & what role do you think experience plays in trading?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Well, I have started my trading in almost 6 years ago. In my trading, now I don’t make the same mistakes again & again because of my long time trading experience! That’s the main advantage of being a experienced trader I think.

Aaronpp

Aug 6, 2019
Many in spite of the experience they have at Forex make the serious mistake of despairing when they suffer a loss, by seeking to recover their money in any way regardless of the risk of the operation only ends up leading to further losses, an expert must know how to control himself and not be carried away by his emotions by the influence of a bad moment, must always be strong to face similar situations because in the Forex market it is something that must be done constantly.

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Nearly two years in now.
There is no substitute for experience, took a year to find my feet!
Education is a vital step, but time on the charts is also overlooked sometimes, so getting that balance right early on is what I would advise.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I've been at it for a couple of years now. Definitely think time and experience helped me to become more confident and trading got easier, although I still have occasional doubts.

tomass

Banned
Nov 18, 2021
I don’t think you can ever be perfect at forex trading because of the unpredictable nature of the market. The market keeps putting up challenges in your way and you have no other option than to face them if you want to grow. It’s your experience that makes you a better trader. Reading and practicing are just for giving you an idea.