Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My question is, do we need to get AP on every charts we are trading, or if it's open on let's say EUR/USD only, it can manage TL on EUR/AUD trades too, etc etc ?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have no idea what TL is. As for the Account Protector, it will work with ALL trades on ALL charts by default unless you set up the Filters to work only with particular pair, comments, or magic number.

• 👍
Reactions: milo_of_ persia

Aleks_

Aug 17, 2019
Thanks for your quick reply !

I mean Trailing Stop, I made a typing error with my "TL" ahah, sorry..

It's good to know ! I just finished to set up AP on every charts I need, but I will be able to delete everything to just add it on a single chart, it will be more easier ahah

Thanks again !

Aug 26, 2019
Hi, I have just downloaded and installed this onto MT4 on a demo account. I see it in the Experts Menu on the terminal but it won't load. COuld you help please?

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
Can you add an option to close partial position by 50% after a trade hit a 1:1 ratio of TP/SL then close the remaining half when it hits 2:1? Thank you for this great tool. Really love the PSC indicator btw.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I think I can add an option to the AP to close the trade once a certain multiple of its SL is reached. I can also make the 'Close trades' action modifiable for the percentage of trade close (see my post here). But I think I can only make it so, that the trader will have to reload the Account Protector after each such trigger event. So, it won't be a fully automated partial-TP-with-two-levels option.

SadClown

Sep 20, 2019
I was wondering, could it be possible to make it so that Account Protector doesn't get reset after every time a certain condition/action has been set? Would be really cool if one could instead, just perhaps get a notification of the condition/action, every X unit of time

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I was wondering, could it be possible to make it so that Account Protector doesn't get reset after every time a certain condition/action has been set? Would be really cool if one could instead, just perhaps get a notification of the condition/action, every X unit of time

It might be a good idea to not reset the conditions, but if we do not reset the actions, the EA will enter a perpetual action-triggering mode and won't stop until you remove it. I don't think it is a good idea.

• 👍
Reactions: SadClown

SadClown

Sep 20, 2019
It might be a good idea to not reset the conditions, but if we do not reset the actions, the EA will enter a perpetual action-triggering mode and won't stop until you remove it. I don't think it is a good idea.

But what if the notification would get sent every X amount of time and you could turn the entire function on/off? A scenario where I personally would find it quite useful would be, if a certain account, would reach an X amount of equity (below), for a certain period of time, and then go back up again. Thereby, making the user not have to manually set the alert back up again, for the next day or some other section of time

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Account Protector has been updated to version 1.03, implementing many of the offered changes. I haven't added R:R conditions and TP-based break-even as they poorly fit the EA's modus operandi and would probably confuse users.

The EA is now also available on its own GitHub repository where you can propose code changes and fork it.

SadClown

Sep 20, 2019
Account Protector has been updated to version 1.03, implementing many of the offered changes. I haven't added R:R conditions and TP-based break-even as they poorly fit the EA's modus operandi and would probably confuse users.

The EA is now also available on its own GitHub repository where you can propose code changes and fork it.

Many thanks!

In future, could it perhaps be possible to implement the functionality of this indicator: https://forexmt4ea.com/notifyorderopenclose-indicator-mt4/?
I.e. being sent at alert upon the closing/opening of a trade

SadClown

Sep 20, 2019
Why not just use that indicator?

Should've mentioned the reason, sorry. But yeah, it's because I find that using an EA, especially one like yours, is usually way more faster and convenient. While the difference in time isn't particularly big at all, it becomes a bit of a nuisance over a longer period of time, especially when using remote desktop software, which generally slows things down, at times rather considerably.

• For example, using that indicator, one would usually have to:

Click the chart ➔ Ctrl+I ➔ double click on the indicator inside of the "Indicator on [pair]” window ➔ double click again, if the action wasn't registered, due to latency or otherwise ➔ double click the value of a variable ➔ pick it from a small drop down menu ➔ press OK ➔ close the indicator window ➔ close the "Indicator on [pair]" window

Then using the same procedure, to disable the alert (I tend to enable/disable the alert, about 1-4 times a day)

• As opposed to:

Maximizing the chart if it isn’t already ➔ clicking to enable/disable

With your EA.

Overall, I just generally find that using an EA instead of an indicator is much quicker. As with an EA you just need to press F7, not having to get through the "Indicator on [pair]” window first

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

SadClown

Sep 20, 2019
Sounds fair. Still, it would probably work better as a separate indicator with a panel for inputs. It can even be done not with a panel but with a few chart objects as there are no input fields for any numbers.

Yes, that would be even more convenient, e.g. having 3 toggleable buttons such as "New trade", "Closed trade", " alert"