My EA on real market.

Do you use EA/algorithms in your daily trading?

• Yes, I use full automatic EAs

• Yes, I use semi-automatic EAs

• No, I do not use EA

Results are only viewable after voting.

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
On June even BE didn't secure me from losses, so I had to give back some profits.
June.gif

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
Another trading rule:

4 Never invest all funds in one project.

As Warren Buffett says - "never put all eggs in one basket." Despite the sincere desire of the originators, there is always something that might go wrong. Your task as an investor is to ensure the safety of capital. If you focus only on one project, in fact you become its biggest believer, because the fate of your funds depends on this project. If you diversify your portfolio for various assets and wisely share funds, you are able to withstand the loss of part of the capital, because other projects will allow you to make up.
Be independent, share funds for various projects, thanks to which your capital has a better chance to survive and multiply :)

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
Another thing to consider:

04 I understand that the results should be considered in a one-year horizon.

Every beginner trader thinks that one can be profitable on the stock market everyday. That is why he sets goals of 1% a day, 100 USD a day, 10 pips a day. When it turns out that maintaining such targets becomes unrealistic, it goes to a higher interval. In the week of 1000 USD, etc. But this also will fail.

Why?

Well, because as in any business, the same is true of the stock market cyclicality. There are better and worse times. A lossy month? Normal thing, and 3 or 4? Also. Why? Because on trading you need to look long-term. The investor's goal is to patiently wait for a great time for his strategy and to survive the worse time and so on and on. Best of all, sometimes it takes 1-2 months a year to get a magical average of 100 USD a day.

Well, but right? This is only average ... and as it turns out, a person looks at what is in the middle, and forgets that the extremes determine the final result.
That's why the best investors are not those who earn every day, or every month, but those who are patient and can use opportunities. Because one good trend will pay for everything and will make your results much better than your dream of 1% per day.

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
There is no strategy that earns in all conditions. My main strategy is based on breakouts, which is why I need strong, daily trends to make money. This is perfectly shown by the last two months. May, which has strong trends and June, an extremely consolidating month.

This reflection brought an interesting idea for a new strategy.
In the previous post I have already indicated what I mean, it is about playing the false breakout formation or to losing the momentum after a strong movement.

Entry rules:
1. Determining the last top / bottom according to the trend,
2. when the price hits the given level, I start searching for the moment of entering in the opposite direction.
3. Based on: stochastic / fractals / reversal candle formations.

Indicators:
1. Indicator for determining the trend - I am big fan of the averages so probably I will stay with it
2. Indicator / formation to determine the moment of entry - the simpler the better, I will test what I wrote above

Summarizing:
In the morning I set the last top or bottom (zigzag) according to the trend (MA), When the price hits the given level, I start to look for the opposite signal according to the selected indicators. I am opening the position. After opening, I put SL behind the last top / bottom, I close the position at the end of the day *

* I will determine exact hours during EA tests.

I am getting into coding and testing, I'll soon post the first results.

Oh, 98% of the strategy goes to the trash bin, so this idea can be exactly the same
1f60a.png

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
The lossy month is something normal

I do not understand why losses are taboo. Although most people are losing money on the stock market, hate meets them instead of support. I have already written about it and will mention it again - win rate is not a measure of a good trader. Trading is not a sprint, rather a marathon. Only the hardest ones reach the finish line. The best traders in the world have not only losing days, weeks or months, but can also count the year in the red. Is it wrong? Of course not, the strategy had worse period. Do all companies always earn? Those who are in business know exactly how it is.

I often say that the best test for a trader is how he goes through the period of losses. Is he combining? Is he depressed? Is he changing the strategy? It is in these moments that we show our predispositions to trading. If we trust our strategy, we should consistently implement the assumptions and wait for the end of a worse period.

Trading is an occupation for many, but not for everyone.
When you understand that loss is a normal condition and that there is no super strategy that always generates profits, then you will take the first step towards success on the stock market.

• 👍
Reactions: {0v0}

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
Rule # 5
Remember about the barbell rule.

Keep an appropriate ratio in the portfolio between high risk and hedging projects.
If you've ever been to the gym, you've probably noticed that the same weight is applied to the barbell on two sides. Thanks to this, lifting the barbell we are sure that it will not overwhelm or crush us.

It's the same in the world of investment. If the funds are invested only in high-risk instruments, there is a high risk of losing all money in spite of potential high profits. On the other hand, if we only save money on deposits or bonds, we make the savings slowly, eaten by inflation and we do not give them the opportunity to multiply.

The golden mean is to choose the security and risk instruments so that our barbell is stable and allows you to beat new records in bench press.
Thanks to this approach, you take care of the security of capital, but on the other hand, you give yourself a chance to earn above average money.

Invest properly!

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
06 I understand that the stock market is associated with the possibility of losing money.

Such a simple, yet significant part of investors or traders do not understand this until they lose their funds.
The stock market is a great place that gives you amazing opportunities to get rich. But there is nothing for free. The more we want to earn, the more risk we have to take.
There are no shortcuts.
One could write a book on the approach to losses, but a man learns from his own mistakes.
First, the hopes for quick and high earnings without risk will fall in you, and then you will understand that loss and profit are closely related.
Remember that capital on the stock market is necessary to earn money. Therefore, if you risk a lot and lose a lot, in the end you will not have anything to trade.

Finally, we will remind you of two famous rules of Warren Buffett:

Rule No. 1
Never waste your money
Rule No. 2
Never forget about rule # 1

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
#6 Invest in accordance with your character

Some prefer peace and security, others risk. Do not invest in what is popular, but in what is consistent with your approach and character. The funds are meant to work for you for years, which is why you need to feel the psychological comfort. In the end, it's only you who are responsible for your money, so you have to answer the question if the project meets your expectations.

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
7 Do not invest with emotions.

We hear all around that everyone is investing in a given project and making money. What are we doing? We enter the project as soon as possible without questions. Because we will pass a great opportunity to earn money!

And then it turns out that, in total, we really have no idea what we put the money into. That the results are not what colleagues said, etc.
Trading on the stock exchange under the influence of emotions is the worst harm you can do to your money. Is Warren Buffett buying company shares because they are popular now? No, before he makes a decision, he will get to know the company, learn its pros and cons, opportunities and threats. First of all, he will understand the business model.

What is fashionable is not always profitable. Therefore, before the next investment decision, put your emotions aside, take a step back. Look carefully and then take the appropriate action.

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
07 I understand that I cannot trade on borrowed money on the stock exchange.

The stock exchange is such an interesting place where it is very easy to break even the toughest characters. We often say that the chart is a kind of mirror in which all our weaknesses show up. Emotions are the greatest human weakness.
Imagine a situation where you do not have the funds and you borrow them. Then you slowly lose them on the stock exchange (or you quickly lose it). What's going on in your head? It was supposed to be different, you can't afford not paying the installments. The pressure is rising over and over again. You stop acting rationally and start thinking wishfully.

We only invest money, the loss of which will not hurt us and will not cause financial problems.

Properly

Master Trader
Apr 10, 2018
prop-erly.eu
August was lossy month which is nothing unexpected.
August.gif

Ok, now vacations ends and it is time to breakout last high on capital curve.
First week of September was quite good, not many trades but nice profit.

02-07.09.gif

So, after one week I almost get back to starting position of the beginning of August.
Aug - sep.gif