Psychology :Traders brains are wired to lose in trading.

The human brain is not designed for stressful mental activity , like trading. There are 30 facets of the psychology, that are purposely kept hidden from traders, by the trading industry.
This trading industry includes forums and their paymasters i.e the forex bucket shops.

In real trading , it is hard to take losses in real time , it is very difficult to time the markets , it is hard to follow a system and stick to it , all due to psychological reasons.

http://ibankcoin.com/hattery/wired-to-lose-the-psychology-of-trading/#sthash.H5cLEWou.dpbs

Stress, Portrait of a Killer - Full Documentary (2008)
Look on internet for this video, trading is much much more stressful.

If you are losing money in trading , stress will get you.

http://tradinglosers.blogspot.com/

37riched

Active Trader
Dec 26, 2018
Quite an interesting thread this is. Actually, I have watched those videos and I feel almost convinced that the human mind is wired to fail, though I have my doubts as well. The research is very well done, but I'm just wondering why you need to discourage aspiring traders this much....

• 👍
Reactions: Helloyees
Quite an interesting thread this is. Actually, I have watched those videos and I feel almost convinced that the human mind is wired to fail, though I have my doubts as well. The research is very well done, but I'm just wondering why you need to discourage aspiring traders this much....

It is not to discourage aspiring would be losers who end up losing , but more to provide the missing information. This information on forums will help new traders to go for automated trading instead.This tells them the right path to becoming successful.

I can't trade manually , I use robots.

Ulacan

Trader
Feb 21, 2019
I disagree with this. Personally, I believe that trading psychology plays a big role in the success or failure of a trader, but that doesn't necessarily mean that our brains are wired to lose. Its an individual decision. A new trader comes to these forums and sees screaming threads of how there are more failures than winners in the market and makes a deliberate decision to become a winner or a failure. Its all up to you

I disagree with this. Personally, I believe that trading psychology plays a big role in the success or failure of a trader, but that doesn't necessarily mean that our brains are wired to lose.

Human brains are wired to lose .The brain you brought to trading, your ancestral brain from thousands of years of development, can not be changed from an emotional brain, a brain that shuts down during trading , a brain that does not like losing , a brain that hates the fear of losing , a brain that has subconscious reactive patterns and a brain that needs you to be right.

Last edited:

watch

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
You said you are using robots for trading ? Which one please ? I have heard a lot about AI called Sara and that's it basically. I do not get anything like this. And I trade only manually for now. So please let's continue this topic please. How does that sounds to you ?

You said you are using robots for trading ? Which one please ? I have heard a lot about AI called Sara and that's it basically. I do not get anything like this. And I trade only manually for now. So please let's continue this topic please. How does that sounds to you ?

I make my own robots, nobody knows about my private robots I have ,in my lifetime made over 500 robots. I don't sell any

MATHEMATICIANS.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: AlphixCapital

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
Whoever has made trade on Forex market knows very well how hard it is in the beginning to cope with emotions that exists around one single deal. This is completely normal,and all traders have experienced it. However, with experience traders gain confidence so this sort of emotions vanish during time

Jason Martin

Jun 20, 2019
It's the trading mindset and psychology that makes up the vast majority of the battle in making predictable progress as a forex trader. Numerous awesome traders that have expounded on their experience have discussed how their own particular internal mental battle has caused them losses, even their insight and expertise was there. Mental quality originates from learning. That is the reason I generally attempt to refresh my insight.

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
No trader can actually think of earning money without working with right trading attitude. What does it mean by right trading attitude here? Every trader has some restrictions and independence here. Every trader necessitates handling all the restrictions and independence in efficient manner which will allow him to maintain his psychology in appropriate manner. Such as: over trading is harmful, in the dream of eradicating losses a trader should not fall in overtrading here.

Uaredaty

Active Trader
Jan 19, 2019
Certainly this is one of the important topics on Forex market. However, it is very hard to define psychology and mind set of a trader as we are all different and these things are quite personal. It is one of the things that each trader must learn for himself

• 👍
Reactions: AlphixCapital

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
Very interesting topic. Indeed, it is psychologically more comfortable to catch a reversal and trade against a trend, for example. Also, the trader often makes a small profit of 5-10%, but then loses all 100% in one transaction. But he already managed to rejoice several times in profit, and was upset by the losses only once. I think we need to trade as uncomfortable. Discomfort in trading is a beacon that you must follow.

Ixbone

Master Trader
Jan 25, 2012
Austria
ixbone.com
there is no activation of your mesolimbic system in forex necessary! (serotonine, dopamine drives you crazy)
only one emotion drives you: fear, if you have no plan (trading system)
if you have a successful trading system, you trust, no fear occours!
result: don't fear the reaper!

hakuna matata

Aug 3, 2019
I agree to some extent . Traders are constantly affected by emotions and have a tough time remaining disciplined and patient. Though everyone in the trading world advise us to be not emotional and remain indifferent . However, all these things are too hard to follow. The human mind and heart are emotional . We take decisions based on our emotions.
But , that doesn’t mean trading is out of picture . Controlling emotions and other psychological factors is hard but something which one can learn with time. Beginners have a tough time with emotions but as one gains experience and expertise , he is able to play an intelligent fair game.At the end of the day , its your game and know know better what all steps you mus take to close profitable positions
So , right knowledge, hard work and a good state of mind is the key to success in trading i believe.