Protect your spine, Choose A Right Office Chair

LearningForex

Active Trader
Feb 20, 2009
I don't know how about you, but it seems to me that
people nowadays have to sit in front of their computers
and working long time.

I have to admit that, least 10 hours at least in front of
my computer screen is a must during working days.
So I do think a right ergonomical chair is essential these
days to protect your spine.

There how you can choose a right ergonomic office chair?

I found a few important tips early on that may help you to
choose:

1.) The Height of the Seat

It should be adjustable and is around 16 - 21
inches off the floor.

2.) Suitable width and depth

The seat should be wide enough. Typically the standard width
is around 17-20 inches and the depth (measured from the front of the chair
to back of the seat) should be enough that the user's back against the
backrest

3.) Lumbar support for the lower back

4.) backrest width should be 12-19 inches wide

5.) armrest. easy to be adjusted

There are many tips but the above are the main ones

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Great tips, people really never think of how important a quality arm chair is especially if they have jobs which involve sitting at the computer for a few hours or more per day.

wayne43

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2009
Office Chairs Can Offer Many Features to Help You Get the Support and Comfort that Yo

Choose the chair with your seat style...:)

Last edited:

andy003

Master Trader
Jan 7, 2009
Good information provided by LearningForex. I often get back ache sitting too long. I always get up every once a while and move around.

Besides the type of chair, our sitting posture matters a lot also. I have experienced myself that i will get a back ache in the best of chairs if I'm not sitting right!

JamesW

Active Trader
Apr 7, 2009
theforexarticles.com
Being a full-time forex trader is not good for your health however you look at it because you are straining your eyes looking at the computer screen all day, you are sat down all day (often on a chair that's bad for your back), and it can also set the heart racing and increase overall stress levels when positions quickly move against you.

That's why I have regular breaks throughout the day and always do lots of exercise whether it's going on the exercise bike, lifting a few weights, or simply just walking.

Leo Wilson

Trader
Apr 18, 2018
If someone is working in a company which does not give you the right chair but works for 10 hours in front of computers. How would you give advice to such people? Again, if some are very tall like 6.5 ft in height, will those specified quantity works for them?
I agree with Admin @Enivid that exercise with lot of stretching and walking helps alot. But in work environment, these questions stuck at my mind.

• 👍
Reactions: Helloyees

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
For sure it's really important information, let's just share which brands are you using for your chairs here ? How many of them really worth money you invested in them in reality ? I plan to spend no less than $150 for comfortable chair and that's it;)