jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
@Enivid I think I had that phenomenon already with earlier versions and mentioned it here but here again a "detail graph" what's happening after some hours running the indicator.
The rectangles created in PutDot function disappears! They are still there (see the graph I selected a view and also made one rectangle blue color). I use SingleColor and with my understanding this happens because the indicator generates "rectangles above rectangles" (hope you understand what I mean).

2019-01-04 MarketProfile Bug Detail.png

This is a "mt4 phenomenon" - so when you draw a rectangle and after that you draw another rectangle with the same color and both rectangles overlap each other in this overlap section the "color dissapears". This problem also only occures on the current day (this is also a sign that my assumption is correct because the generated profiles from past days aren't overwritten with new rectangles).

I can't reproduce exactly when this happens, sometimes it still works as it should, sometimes I have that phenomenon after 1-2 hours, sometimes it's there after running the indicator for >5 hours, .... :confused:

So what in the code must be changed to ensure the indicator only draws one rectangle per section/region (and don't draw new rectangles which overlap each other from time to time)?

P.S.: When I switch timeframe(s) or go into indicator settings and click ok, everything is again normal (I think because these actions forces the indicator to call the ObjectCleanup() function which deletes everything and produces the rectangles new again).

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid I think I had that phenomenon already with earlier versions and mentioned it here but here again a "detail graph" what's happening after some hours running the indicator.
The rectangles created in PutDot function disappears! They are still there (see the graph I selected a view and also made one rectangle blue color). I use SingleColor and with my understanding this happens because the indicator generates "rectangles above rectangles" (hope you understand what I mean).

View attachment 13598

This is a "mt4 phenomenon" - so when you draw a rectangle and after that you draw another rectangle with the same color and both rectangles overlap each other in this overlap section the "color dissapears". This problem also only occures on the current day (this is also a sign that my assumption is correct because the generated profiles from past days aren't overwritten with new rectangles).

I can't reproduce exactly when this happens, sometimes it still works as it should, sometimes I have that phenomenon after 1-2 hours, sometimes it's there after running the indicator for >5 hours, .... :confused:

So what in the code must be changed to ensure the indicator only draws one rectangle per section/region (and don't draw new rectangles which overlap each other from time to time)?

P.S.: When I switch timeframe(s) or go into indicator settings and click ok, everything is again normal (I think because these actions forces the indicator to call the ObjectCleanup() function which deletes everything and produces the rectangles new again).

Could you please attach the settings file, so I could test this issue?

jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
sure... used that settings attached on symbol DAX30 (CFD for dax index, quoted with 1 digit after comma on my broker GKFX e.g. "10805,9" - set PointMultiplier to "30" which means 3 points for that DAX30 symbol)

Attachments

• earnforex.com_MarketProfile.DAX.8-22Uhr.ORG-Indicator-v1.10.set
    781 bytes · Views: 12

jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
Version 1.11 is out. It fixes the bug reported by @jagg and also some other critical and non-critical bugs.
Thanks @Enivid - will test it...

An idea for one of the next updates ;)

upload_2019-2-8_8-33-2.png
- add a new option here would be nice like "Until Future Intersection" (for VA and POC setting)
Until Future Intersection: The Point of Control Line is extended until it encounters a future Market Profile which covers the price range which intersects with the Point of Control Line. If an intersection is not encountered, then the Point of Control Line is extended to the right side of the chart.

- add option to print TPOs as letters (A,B,C,....)

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
Thanks @Enivid - will test it...

An idea for one of the next updates ;)

View attachment 13688
- add a new option here would be nice like "Until Future Intersection" (for VA and POC setting)

- add option to print TPOs as letters (A,B,C,....)
Effectively creating a VPOC? Definitely something useful as to find a VPOC now involves looking back to manually see if a POC has been touched or not previously.

This would be good to add on both VA area and median rays.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: jagg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have decided to experiment a little with how the indicators and expert advisors are getting updated on EarnForex.com. The first indicator to participate in this experiment is Market Profile.

I have set up a GitHub repository for Market Profile to coordinate all changes, requests, comments, bug issues, and so on. Also, contributing traders who know at least some coding are welcome to review the changes and comment on the pull requests.

The current pull request in the Market Profile's repository contains one change discussed here recently - rays that are interrupted by intersecting profiles, and also a fix for TPO display when the tick size isn't the same as the point value for a given symbol.

Please let me know what you think about the changes on the pull request page.

PS: What's your opinion on moving the development to GitHub? Do you consider it more convenient or problematic?

• 👍
Reactions: jagg

jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
@Enivid Fantastic - really like the move to github. I'll have a look if I can contribute some small things in the future and will do pull requests there

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
Is anyone else experiencing a freezing/slowdown problem caused by this indicator since the latest MT5 build update or is it just me?

I sometime
I have decided to experiment a little with how the indicators and expert advisors are getting updated on EarnForex.com. The first indicator to participate in this experiment is Market Profile.

I have set up a GitHub repository for Market Profile to coordinate all changes, requests, comments, bug issues, and so on. Also, contributing traders who know at least some coding are welcome to review the changes and comment on the pull requests.

The current pull request in the Market Profile's repository contains one change discussed here recently - rays that are interrupted by intersecting profiles, and also a fix for TPO display when the tick size isn't the same as the point value for a given symbol.

Please let me know what you think about the changes on the pull request page.

PS: What's your opinion on moving the development to GitHub? Do you consider it more convenient or problematic?

Interesting idea, I'll have to learn how to use Github :D

The Champ

Trader
May 18, 2016
the box just moved VAH,VAL,POC all changed after certain period of time, i wanted it not to repaint,is this possible ?

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
the box just moved VAH,VAL,POC all changed after certain period of time, i wanted it not to repaint,is this possible ?
Of course it repaints, tick/real volume builds up as the market is open therefore these values will move...

Previous period market profiles of course won't change as they're made up of historical data, but the most recent active profile is always in creation.

If you want to use market profile you CANNOT avoid this, unless you stop time... But then the whole concept would be useless.

• 👍
Reactions: The Champ

The Champ

Trader
May 18, 2016
Do you mean that some previous session (which already ended) is changed? Or the current session?

Please provide screenshots with chart examples if possible.
its the current session which changed ,sorry my bad i don't know that.still finding a good way to take entries with this indicator.any help from you will be Great.Thanks

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
its the current session which changed ,sorry my bad i don't know that.still finding a good way to take entries with this indicator.any help from you will be Great.Thanks
You should really research and learn about Market Profile before trying to use it. Quite worrying you'd use something and base trades on it when you don't even know what it is or how it works.

Would you fly an aeroplane if you didn't know how to use the controls? :)