Demo Account vs. Real Account

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
one should always start with demo account before investing, it helps to get accustomed with the market, you can also decide whether forex market is good for you or not.......

bilawal

Trader
Jan 1, 2014
i think demo account is good idea for that who are beginners and no skill about forex trading. its good idea if they use demo account then he know that how to use and earn from forex trading.

PolinaPolly

Trader
May 3, 2018
To begin with I would recommend to open Demo account. You can train your skills there and become more confident. Real account means real money and real losses, so here come emotions on board.

dvid

May 23, 2018
I totally agree with this post. I used the demo for nearly one year to test my strategy to get started with real money. However I think it will take a lot of time to trade the same as you did on your demo account. I found myself checking my positions more often even though I shouldn't according to my trading plan. However I always remind myself that I know that my strategy is tested and profitable in the long-term.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Try to use, where unlimited demo service available; I see few brokers are providing limited demo service like 3 months, 4 months demo.

Well yes its quite annoying opening new demo accounts after they expire because you have to start from a scratch in testing trading strategies, there is also no history, while moving the data to new account can take a long time. Currently I use Hotforex and as far as I know there is no time limits for demo use. Have been already using their demo account for a year.

trad$lo9r

Trader
Jul 4, 2018
in my opinion, it's better to start off on a $1,000 live account versus a $100,000 demo account. The emotional intensity and lessons you learn on a live account can never be replicated on a demo account.
Right! our psychology and emotions makes a huge difference between demo and live account.

Oct 23, 2018
Right! our psychology and emotions makes a huge difference between demo and live account.
Yep, it's true, but i'm really can earn a lot of money in demo and when i try real trading i'm losing ererything. Of course my depo about 50$ so it's no problem if i loose some money but why???))) I really can earn money .. I did x2 from my first demo depo in amarkets... what's the problem? what do you think?

FTS

Oct 25, 2018
There are some issues:
- you have no fear or greed while using demo, so you act rational
- sometimes you can execute some trades you will never open using real account, but the can also be very profitable.
Real account makes trader more conservative to prevent loosing money. Sometimes it is good, and sometimes not.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
There are some issues:
- you have no fear or greed while using demo, so you act rational
- sometimes you can execute some trades you will never open using real account, but the can also be very profitable.
Real account makes trader more conservative to prevent loosing money. Sometimes it is good, and sometimes not.

Well judgment! By the way, new traders should start their trading by demo until they are consistent enough.

Uaredaty

Active Trader
Jan 19, 2019
Stay in demo account until you can build your trading strategy , good risk rewards, win-loss ratio and always record a result. After you build confident then you can go on real account.

37riched

Active Trader
Dec 26, 2018
You shouldn't take any experience from demo account to your real money account I would say, it will be all different, but do not take it anymore than tutorial for some computer game and that's it. Really no more than that if you ask me, it's just obvious but still explaining this to you.

Dictorsto

Trader
Dec 23, 2018
I find that demo accounts are excellent tool for every trader. Beginners will use it to get initial steps on Forex market and learn how to trade. Older traders will use it to test new trading method, research new indicators or maybe test some other system

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
It is true that demo trading is very important for the success of a trader, since it gives you ground for familiarising with the ,market and building your strategy. For the real experience however, I'd advise a trader to go for a micro or cent account before going into live trading

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
It is true that demo trading is very important for the success of a trader, since it gives you ground for familiarising with the ,market and building your strategy. For the real experience however, I'd advise a trader to go for a micro or cent account before going into live trading

A perfect plan! Really, starting with a big balance would be costly; so, cent account is the smart choice.