How much trading experience is necessary?

ESinvest

Feb 12, 2015
I also think it will depend on each trader. Experience goes after learning, and the time needed to gain the enough experience in order to become a successful trader will depend on many factors: trader's skills, trading style, the patience and discipline of each trader and so on.

Jesse.muller

Trader
Mar 26, 2015
I don't think it depends on the experience but rather on the sort of strategy you've developped.
Have you looked at all the up and downsides of your strategy?
How long have you been testing your strategies etc.

Last edited:

sha356

May 21, 2015
The best way to learn is to see what a profitable trader is doing---- many claim to be pro traders but you should only follow those that actually have proof that they trade profitably

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
Forex trading needs experience because most time it can be very challenging. And so to make good trades you have to make use of your past and present experiences.

milornld

Trader
Aug 27, 2018
new york
If you really wants to earn good income from Forex trading then according to me 5+ years of experience is necessary. And experience can be gained through practicing and practice makes perfect

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Sometimes you see a trade setup, but your experience tells you not to enter. This experience can be gained through practicing. There is no magic formula in forex trading that can be given to you and make you a profitable trader overnight. It takes time and needs practice for some time.

Well, if you are a new trader here, don’t focus on your experience; because it will take time! You should focus on your learning process, when you will be able to make regular profit in your demo account, then go for live.

Koalo

Trader
Oct 5, 2018
Spain
55brokers.com
It will depend on each trader. Cause one trader can make a lot of mistakes and get experience. Other will only read and get no practice. And so on... In total i think it will take about 5-6 years to get experience to become 'medium level trader'

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
3 months for demo and 3 years and live. In my case it was minimum amount of time to start trading consistently in profit

williamdeep

Trader
Oct 15, 2018
sweden
Sometimes you see a trade setup, but your experience tells you not to enter. This experience can be gained through practicing. There is no magic formula in forex trading that can be given to you and make you a profitable trader overnight. It takes time and needs practice for some time.
For me there are two important things in forex. The first thing is experience, and the second thing is luck. Trust me sometimes with just dump luck you can make profits in the first month or so.