MT4 vs MT5

I

I-Forex

Have you transitioned to MT5 yet?

I have made the move from MT4 to MT5 a few months ago after I read that a few major brokers were no longer supporting the MT4 platform, here are some observations: MT5 is basically the same structure, however I find it much faster, when trades reach my SL/TP lines, there is very little slippage, on MT4 the trade would surpass the TP by a few pips, then reverse without ever closing my trade. I like the additional timeframes 2-6-8-12 hours, it also has additional minutes 2-3-4-6-10-12-20 for those who trade at shorter timeframes. On the down side, the program is will weigh heavily on computer memory usage, deleted all non-essential indicators in the data folder, makes a big difference.

Your thoughts?

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Obviously everyone will move to MT5 when MT4 seized up working however till then my experience and hands on MT4 is good so far, lets see what works in future.

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Thank you very much for haring your trading experience on Mt5! I have more than 5 years trading experience but till now I am with Mt4! I get enough technical support here, so I never tried for mt5.

brad blash

Sep 13, 2017
Hi all,
In my opinion MT5 is the Innovated version of MT4 with better indicators and some highly automated options, MT5 is a product based on C++ language coding.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks for contributing your great efforts in simplifying all the details within one single guide, i hope it might really be helpful for all of us.

JohnyIve

Trader
Feb 11, 2018
Well, traders, i guess the best way is to check out mt 4 and mt 5 independently! I heard Amarkets offers these platforms for trading and educating

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Well, traders, i guess the best way is to check out mt 4 and mt 5 independently! I heard Amarkets offers these platforms for trading and educating

Yes, I checked both of the sites & from the 1st day of trading till now I am working with the mt4 only.

Brown

Trader
Sep 13, 2019
In my opinion, MT4 is still the best solution only because dozens of additional indicators, tools and extensions have been created specifically for enthusiasts for this version. Of course, the newer version also has special advantages, but it does not support all the things created for MT4. Experts attribute this to something like a compatibility problem due to differences in the programming languages used in MT4 and MT5. I am not an expert, so I can be wrong. And I affirm based on the comparison just discovered (source here: [URL REMOVED]). Thus, traders will have to either continue to use MT4, or switch to MT5, but also forget about all these tools. At the same time, this transition period will be shorter if brokers suspend the provision of an older version or find a way to solve the compatibility problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgequayle

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
Have you transitioned to MT5 yet?

I have made the move from MT4 to MT5 a few months ago after I read that a few major brokers were no longer supporting the MT4 platform, here are some observations: MT5 is basically the same structure, however I find it much faster, when trades reach my SL/TP lines, there is very little slippage, on MT4 the trade would surpass the TP by a few pips, then reverse without ever closing my trade. I like the additional timeframes 2-6-8-12 hours, it also has additional minutes 2-3-4-6-10-12-20 for those who trade at shorter timeframes. On the down side, the program is will weigh heavily on computer memory usage, deleted all non-essential indicators in the data folder, makes a big difference.

Your thoughts?
Mt4 is perfect so no need to change

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Literally started an MT5 account this week, as started implementing Renko into my strategy. Second trade and didn't close out my TP!
Early days, but will persevere.

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
I think that majority of traders are still using MT4. When you get used on one platform it is hart to move to another one, even if it is better version from previous one. That is also my case. Eventually, during time many brokers seize support to MT4 and we will be forced to move to MT5

ForexTus

Banned
Sep 23, 2020
mt4 for me more liquidity but metatader have stopped supporting it so sometime in the future well all be on mt5