Recently signed up to a broker, wanted your thoughts...

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently signed up with KayaFX and, after reading some pretty negative things online, I signed up to this forum to get some (hopefully) more trustworthy answers as I don't know what to believe. So far, they seem fine. The person I spoke to on the phone said not to believe the negative reviews online (which is why I began searching them out!).

Any experience with them?

Thanks

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
Also, invested a modest $250, and am making moderate profits. How much should I can I expect to make per month? What's the average for a good broker? Thanks again

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
Hi Enivid, what body regulates Forex? Is there an official license to look for when finding a company? And if a company isn't licensed, does that automatically spell bad news? So far it's been okay with Kaya... but I'm not familiar with regulations and licenses.

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
Anyone else here have experience with Kaya? Or a good / bad experience with an unregulated broker?

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
I could withdraw my funds from Kaya, though I'm hesitant as I'm still in the green currently...

JohnyIve

Trader
Feb 11, 2018
I could withdraw my funds from Kaya, though I'm hesitant as I'm still in the green currently...

I recommend you to check the list of best REGULATED brokers in your country and choose one of them :) It will be the best decision for you and your funds.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, what body regulates Forex? Is there an official license to look for when finding a company? And if a company isn't licensed, does that automatically spell bad news? So far it's been okay with Kaya... but I'm not familiar with regulations and licenses.

It depends on which country you or your brokers are based in. You seem to be from Israel, so the proper authority for that would be Israel Securities Authority. You can read more about regulation of Forex trading in different jurisdictions in this blog post.http://www.isa.gov.il

If the company isn't licensed, you are increasing your counterparty risks. The company may go bankrupt, turn out to be a scam, and so on. If the company is unregulated, the likelihood of such an event is higher and you do not get any sort of compensation.

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
I recommend you to check the list of best REGULATED brokers in your country and choose one of them :) It will be the best decision for you and your funds.

Thanks for the advice! But based on the link Enivid provided there are only 6 regulated providers, and one of them was given a warning by the ISA...

bahi

Feb 17, 2018

Plus, based on what I see with the ISA, they don't give regulatory approval to ANY binary options brokers... It's actually a big story here now that they're cracking down hard on binary options companies.

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
Plus, based on what I see with the ISA, they don't give regulatory approval to ANY binary options brokers... It's actually a big story here now that they're cracking down hard on binary options companies.

Or cryptocurrencies :) Kaya is really marketing their cryptocurrencies, debating whether to try it out or not...

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
It depends on which country you or your brokers are based in. You seem to be from Israel, so the proper authority for that would be Israel Securities Authority. You can read more about regulation of Forex trading in different jurisdictions in this blog post.

If the company isn't licensed, you are increasing your counterparty risks. The company may go bankrupt, turn out to be a scam, and so on. If the company is unregulated, the likelihood of such an event is higher and you do not get any sort of compensation.

Thanks for the thorough post Enivid! Much appreciated. So I looked at the site and the ISA only gave approval to 6 brokers (and gave a warning to 1 of them it seems). And it seems like the brokers it gave approval to are all locally based. So if my broker is based overseas, wouldn't that automatically make the chances of them being regulated by the ISA minimal? Does that limit me to Israeli companies? I've found that Israeli companies are the worst when it comes to customer service, that's why I look abroad as much as I can for all my purchasing / investing.

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
It depends on which country you or your brokers are based in. You seem to be from Israel, so the proper authority for that would be Israel Securities Authority. You can read more about regulation of Forex trading in different jurisdictions in this blog post.

Plus as I mentioned in my reply to Johnny, they haven't given regulation to any Binary Options brokers or Cryptocurrency brokers. They're actually very hard on both here, so it automatically puts tons of companies out of the running (unfairly I think).

bahi

Feb 17, 2018
And what do you guys trade just out of curiosity? :) FX, Binary Options, Crypto, Indexes, etc. etc.?