Worst time to trade Forex

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
In Forex trading, there are times when you can trade to make profit and when you can incur losses. Based on my own experience, the worst period to trade is during festival period when people are going to Christmas holidays. Banks are usually close during this period. What do you think?

• 👍
Reactions: Kazi Faysal

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I think so, I have also similar experience on Charismas Holiday! On the other hand, I don’t like to trade in during last 2 hours of Friday!

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Worst time in my opinion is when we are mentally occupied or under stressed because at that moment even a good trade ended up bad i guess. I also avoid trading when i am under high pressure and usually avoid trading when the markets become highly unpredicted.

lenon

Banned
Sep 8, 2015
It depends on your trading style. If you keep one deal open for several weeks, you won't even notice anything=)

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Yes but it would hurts when you open trade in a bad mood which goes wrong and even after several weeks you keep waiting for it to reach the break even.

Ronald Kuper

Trader
Dec 7, 2017
Portugal
In Forex trading, there are times when you can trade to make profit and when you can incur losses. Based on my own experience, the worst period to trade is during festival period when people are going to Christmas holidays. Banks are usually close during this period. What do you think?
Yep, this is so bad time for me too. Christmas is too difficult for trading due to a low liquidity on the market. Every year I have a vacation on this period:)

Dec 9, 2017
There is no such thing. Trading time depends on the traders. Every trader has his own specific trading game plan. For me I for the most part trade in New York time session. I find this session more liquid than various sessions. Usually I follow my checklists and start to see the charts. If I find any set up I open the trade. If i don't find any set up according to my strategy and trading plan, I do not open any trade for that day.

kolman

Trader
Nov 29, 2017
There is no such thing. Trading time depends on the traders. Every trader has his own specific trading game plan. For me I for the most part trade in New York time session. I find this session more liquid than various sessions. Usually I follow my checklists and start to see the charts. If I find any set up I open the trade. If i don't find any set up according to my strategy and trading plan, I do not open any trade for that day.
It's quite right. One should trade only according to trading plan

Nicolas Sanz

Trader
Dec 7, 2017
I think this is the time when you do not understand what's going on. When you're tired and you do not think soberly. When emotions take possession of you.

JohnyIve

Trader
Feb 11, 2018
Your position might be correct, but rather it's just an emotion. Professional trade always keep their mind free and trade without any emotions.

BipsMore

Trader
Mar 6, 2018
I wouldn't reccomend trade on Forex while being in psycological exitement, for example when you're upset or angry. It can have an adverse effect of trading results.

Mar 31, 2018
www.profitwithpips.com
worst time to trade for me is when only one session is open I like to trade during overlapping session preferably the London/NY overlap. I agree that holidays especially Christmas is the worst. I have learned too not to trade when I am having personal issues I'm way to emotional to make good trading decisions

PolinaPolly

Trader
May 3, 2018
I guess, it depends on your strategy, but the only rule, which works for everyone, is that the worst time for trading is when you are under the control of your feelings and emotions (because of trading loses or problems in everyday life, doesn’t matter).

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017

I think, 1st 2 hours of Monday & sometimes last hour of Friday. Usually, I avoid 1st session Of Monday completely.