stop loss won't work

Sarwaan

Trader
Sep 17, 2017
Hi All,

hope all you doing well, in this week twice my stop loss didn't active when and I bear the loss, I am doing trading from the month I am new in this market, can anyone please guide me how to avoid this?

norlizan

Trader
Oct 31, 2017
I have problems too
i set stops and takeprofits in pending orders but they don't work anyway, i dont mean they dont work at all. my terminal says that there is an error and it doesnt place the trade. i tried to do it several times and it doesnt work on demo too

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have problems too
i set stops and takeprofits in pending orders but they don't work anyway, i dont mean they dont work at all. my terminal says that there is an error and it doesnt place the trade. i tried to do it several times and it doesnt work on demo too

Does it happen when you try to place the order manually or do use an EA? What kind of errors do you get? Are you sure you are placing the SL below the entry price for the buy orders and above the entry price for sell orders? Is TP above the entry price for buy orders and below the entry price for sell orders? Are the SL and TP big enough?

• 👍
Reactions: Linda11

norlizan

Trader
Oct 31, 2017
Does it happen when you try to place the order manually or do use an EA? What kind of errors do you get? Are you sure you are placing the SL below the entry price for the buy orders and above the entry price for sell orders? Is TP above the entry price for buy orders and below the entry price for sell orders? Are the SL and TP big enough?

I try tp place it by hands.. here is a screenshot
8664184ecb.jpg

it says invalid sl or tp, but stop loss is lower than my buying price and take profit is higher. it is just an example I have made a minute ago. and I don't know why, as every time I do it with an already opened order, it works! but no work for pending orders.. I don't know, maybe I just don't understand. as I trade not for a long time. but if it works for ordinary orders, and not works for pending orders, it seems strange!!

norlizan

Trader
Oct 31, 2017
Unfortunately, your screenshot does not show the trade direction and entry price.
I set it for an example, the price for entry was around 1.17650 , and the direction was to buy, if I understand you correctly, sorry for my English, I still learn it

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Your trade would not execute with such parameters because your pending entry level is within the current Ask/Bid spread. Also, 2 pips SL is probably not going to work too.

Try using a Buy stop order at 1.1900 (or higher) with at least 5 pips SL and see if it works.

norlizan

Trader
Oct 31, 2017
Your trade would not execute with such parameters because your pending entry level is within the current Ask/Bid spread. Also, 2 pips SL is probably not going to work too.
Try using a Buy stop order at 1.1900 (or higher) with at least 5 pips SL and see if it works.
Oooh now I see, I thought it has to be in this range, i understand, thank you for advise, will try it when find entry points!