Template for determining next bar direction

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
D = DPV +/- MDS
D is price direction of next bar
DPV is directional price velocity
MDS is (are ) modifiers
Directional price velocity means the relative time it takes for a price to move from any given point to any other given point versus the time it took to move between those same two points in the chart construction immediately prior to and contiguous to the two points under analysis. For example: if it takes an hour for Euro/Usd to move from 1.1950 to 1.2000 and subsequently 15 min to move back to 1.1950 than the directional price velocity is pointing lower.(More selling pressure downward than upward in this example.) The presumption/assumption is that the downward direction will continue for the next bar( regardless of whether the 2 bars are 1 min , 1 week, or anything in between.) Our assumptions , as indicated above , are however subject to modification and /or reversal depending upon the number and scope of modifiers encompassed and encountered in the price velocity construction. There are about 20 different modifiers that I am aware of and probably a few that I am not, all with there own particular functionality and nuances. The unifying concept is that they work the same way each and every time they occur and that they are (for the most part ) self neutralizing . A detailed explanation of each modifier is beyond the time and space of this posting, however, I will attempt to respond to any questions or comments in a timely manner.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
It may seem rather simplistic and patently obvious to a cursory observer however, to borrow a phrase , the devil is in the details, and in this case the details are in the modifiers, as indicated above. The basic algorithm, as written above is useless without the application of the adjustments (modifiers). As time and opportunity permits I will submit some completed examples for interest and edification.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
It may seem rather simplistic and patently obvious to a cursory observer however, to borrow a phrase , the devil is in the details, and in this case the details are in the modifiers, as indicated above. The basic algorithm, as written above is useless without the application of the adjustments (modifiers). As time and opportunity permits I will submit some completed examples for interest and edification.

Is this stuff suitable only for testing on MT4 platform or it doesn't depend on software?