Are you superstitious when trading

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am not superstitious at all, but I believe that if someone benefits from their trading superstitious (e.g. believes that something he does brings him luck or that something he does not averts losses), then it can be a nice psychological backup for steady Forex trading.

Ethan$

Trader
Apr 18, 2017
I just started to study Forex trading and I do not know yet whether there is a place for superstitions in Forex? And I want to ask you, what are your thoughts about this Jordan?

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
I believe, it’s a knowledge based profession! So, when I lose a trade then I try to find out my trading mistake, I don’t believe on luck actually! So, it’s not my trading personality to believe on this parameter!

//----

hey jordan..... being superstitious is not my nature... it never enters my mind..... so it would neither help nor hinder me...... (unless not being superstitious is in itself a hindrance) .....

are you....h
Indeed, if a person does not pay attention to superstition, then they will not influence. Probably. But I have long been in this game. One day my cat did not let me open the order. If I did, I would lose. I believe him now.

I am not superstitious at all, but I believe that if someone benefits from their trading superstitious (e.g. believes that something he does brings him luck or that something he does not averts losses), then it can be a nice psychological backup for steady Forex trading.
Yeah. It can inspire and give motivation, acts as a psychological aspect.

I just started to study Forex trading and I do not know yet whether there is a place for superstitions in Forex? And I want to ask you, what are your thoughts about this Jordan?
Of course, it is impossible to trade without knowledge. But superstitions can be a support for you in difficult moments. I know that sometimes it can become a hindrance, but often this factor can warn against troubles. Of course, in the first place, you need to acquire enough knowledge and be well-trained in the financial sphere.

JuliaB

Trader
Apr 20, 2017
Totally agree with Enivid. If belief in certain superstitions helps you to trade better, then why not? It made me think of an episode from Harry Potter, in which Ron thought he drank Liquid Luck potion and played brilliantly at a Quidditch game. But in fact, he didn't drink the potion at all, and played that well all by himself. Maybe this reference isn't the best for Forex, but it gives an idea of what I mean :)

• 👍
Reactions: Alexfx79 and Enivid

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
I don't believe that superstitions are included in Forex trading. Forex requires knowledge and skills and not in just some superstitious beliefs. Well, maybe it is your own way of saying things and we must respect that :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You right, but you overlook the positive sides of superstitions. Like @JuliaB said, it can serve as a strong placebo in the psychological aspect of trading. Additionally, a superstition normally involves some kind of a ritual. And a ritual is a basic form of an organized activity. Forex traders can benefit greatly from increased organization of the process of trading.

• 👍
Reactions: Alexfx79 and SweetPrincess

Ethan$

Trader
Apr 18, 2017
Of course, it is impossible to trade without knowledge. But superstitions can be a support for you in difficult moments. I know that sometimes it can become a hindrance, but often this factor can warn against troubles. Of course, in the first place, you need to acquire enough knowledge and be well-trained in the financial sphere.
Thank you for your advice. I will gain experience and knowledge!)

Derry

Trader
Jan 22, 2017
I don't think you should believe in superstition while trading, I doubt it will help, the main thing is to be certain of yourself and have enough knowledge in trading.

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
No, I’m not! I do rely on only my trading knowledge and experience nothing else! Which traders depends on their luck maybe they are.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Hello and welcome.
Do you know what it means to open an umbrella in a house or what do you say when a star falls?
In other words, are you superstitious? Also, how do you think it hinders to trade or helps?

Not at all; now I know; there have pure logic (market movements)! So, I prepared myself to start my analysis (mentally).