Can you write your success stories with Forex here?

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Hello to all professional traders out there.
Do you think you are successful trader now?
Can you share your stories with us?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Do you think you are successful trader now?
Can you share your stories with us?
//-----

yes.... and yes..... the post below was my reply from another such question, 'the scars of truth'... the last sentence edited to reflect today.....h

//-----
Quoting CurrencyAnalyst
Truth just has no value.
//-----

sadly true.....
//-----

it's a warm summer morning here..... i'm looking out the window at the empty deer feeder in my profile's picture..... but thinkin of years ago when things were quite different than they are for me now.....

i was introduced to trading before ever going to school.... my grandfather worked for tretolite, a division of petrolite which sold chemicals to oil companys in the kansas thru texas oil belt..... he had premium first hand knowledge..... as you might expect he traded oil stocks..... my grandfather and his brothers would sit around the table talkin about buying 2 or 3 shares of this well or that one..... but the best part was riding with him to the wells while he worked..... it was an adventure.....
//-----

fast forward 12 or more years..... for some reason they talked less about trading.... why.... i have no clue.... but as their talk waned, for some reason my interest grew inversely..... however, trading takes money..... so do baby diapers ..... priorities said, my trading had to wait.....

but trading did not leave my mind.....
//-----

fast forward 12 or more years..... every week i would buy the barrons magazine and scroll thru the prices..... i was fixated by ibm's weekly range...... even more so the weekly movement of ibm's call and put options..... i had a burnin desire to trade them...... however, trading takes money..... so do kids clothes..... priorities said, my trading had to wait.....

//-----

fast forward 12 or more years..... one day by chance, i walked into a office just off natchez street in new orleans, which i believe was tied to the chicago mercantile exchange.... it was a quite office with really only the occasional pa system type squawk box blastin out what sounded like "Murk", but i later realized was " Merc ", short for mercantile, continued by some order or quote needed..... i will never forget that sound...... "Merc"..... i was hooked .... managed to scrape up a few dollars and opened small account with merrill lynch on common st ...... i had a very good job.... it paid very very well..... still it seemed like i was always waiting on that next check..... trading takes money..... so does kids college tuition ..... priorities said, my trading had to wait.....

//-----

fast forward 12 or more years..... schwab, datek, etrade brokerages bust onto the scene.... daytrading, tech bubbles, ipo flashes , nasdaq crashes, metastock, esignal, chartsmart, tc2000........ and now with money to burn....... and i did....... in more ways than one.....

by chance, a couple of internet friends working at metastock went to work for ibfx.... their move intrigued me.... enough so that i opened an account there...... the rest is in the pages of forexfactory history.......

//------

fast forward 10 years...... it's a warm summer morning here..... i'm looking out the window at the empty deer feeder in my profile's picture..... but thinkin of years ago when things were quite different than they are for me now.....

it's been a good life...... would not change a thing..... perhaps trading is less on my mind today than it was back years ago when i really needed money...... but rest assured as my talk of trading wanes, yours will rise inversely.......

//------

oh, yeah...... we'll be leaving on vacation today with the 3 granddaughters for the grand canyon before i make a single trade tomorrow.... trading can wait..... priorities ya know..... "Merc" .....h

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Well, I’m on the way; till now I m learning and updating myself! I seem I need 1-2 years more to be a complete pro trader! But now I don’t face any unbearable SL in my trading and I have a decent monthly return.

Jhans W

Jan 8, 2018
For now I am starting in this world, for the moment I must continue to learn and research, to become an excellent trader.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Till now I am learning (although I have been doing live trading since 2013)! I’ll share my story when I will be happy on my own trading performance for sure.

trad$lo9r

Trader
Jul 4, 2018
I am swinging in between sometimes i am in profit while sometimes i am in loss. I think i need more experience to bring consistency in my results.