Starting Forex.

Ethan$

Trader
Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I just started my way in the world of forex and would like to know where to start?

• 👍
Reactions: FOT

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Another good way to start is to open a demo account with any broker and start taking trades with virtual money. You will not learn to trade profitably that way, but you will learn first-hand many practical aspects of trading, like placing orders, watching the charts, etc.

• 👍
Reactions: Jeremiah and Ethan$

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
There are many educational articles and topics here created for newbies. But for starters I recommend learning the trader's vocab.

• 👍
Reactions: Ethan$

Ethan$

Trader
Apr 18, 2017
hey ethan..... one of the most all encompassing places to start with is enivids thread, new to forex, start here...... tremendous amount lot of work went into that course ..... complete with tests.....

no doubt the total word count in those pages would be in the novella size, between 17.5k and 40k words ..... h

Thanks for the advice. I began to study. Tell me please are there any other sites for studying forex?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Thanks for the advice. I began to study. Tell me please are there any other sites for studying forex?
//---

hey ethan..... the mt5 site has quite a lot....... and yes there are several other sites ,such as forexfactory, babypips, but seldom is the information presented in a learnable manner and more often the amount of miss-information and nonsense bickering only tends to confuse the reader.... there is no well planned organized flow to them like enivids course....

one thing that has helped me considerably is to download youtube videos in mp3 format, storing only the sound track..... course this works best when there is nothing you need to see..... then you can burn them to cd's and listen at your leisure.... the drawback to cd's is in the limited amount of time per cd.....

many car cd players now days are sync compatible so they can play from both usb devices and cd's..... for this reason i get usb flash drives and just store the soundtracks on them..... if you shop around and take your time you can pick them up fairly cheap..... bestbuy has the sandisk 256 gig ultra 3.0 right now for 70 bucks..... usually i'll find the 16 gigs for way under 20.....

i am extremely careful on what i download.... for me it needs to be a true professional trader not selling, self-promoting or anything.... some examples of these types are on the ukspreadbetting youtube site..... i have hundreds of those types sorted by person or subject.... that's what i listen to while driving.....h

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
hey ethan..... one of the most all encompassing places to start with is enivids thread, new to forex, start here...... tremendous amount lot of work went into that course ..... complete with tests.....

no doubt the total word count in those pages would be in the novella size, between 17.5k and 40k words ..... h

I've been consistently referring newbies to the BabyPips School of Pipsology as a good place to start learning. It is an excellent source. Now I have discovered the indepth course right here at Earn Forex (right under my nose all along!), which seems to be every bit as good as BabyPips. Thanks for highlighting this, hayseed, and thanks to Enivid for publishing it!

Jeremiah

Master Trader
Aug 24, 2015
You gave the right advice to first start with a demo account, I'd like to add only one thing - that while trading on a demo account, read about forex, what sorts of situations can happen on the market, research a few popular strategies and indicators, and socialize with traders on forums, ask them questions, they'll always answer you. and on a demo account one should always trade for atleast 3 months, in order to learn anything.

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Hi, As the others are saying, you really have to start with a demo account and find a reputable broker that will help you with your trading. They will be there to guide you if you have questions. You must have a good trading plan and enhance your trading skills thru demo :)

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Demo accounts are also helpful in finding the right broker to start trading forex IMO.