Do you think that you can benefit from your losses?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Losses are part of forex trading and they should be accepted like that. Handling the losses should not include any emotions and it can be very beneficial if a forex trader knows how to benefit from his own losses. There is always something to be learned from any single loss.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Exactly, and that's why it is always important to analyse all trades and not just the winners..if you do not work out what you did wrong, chances are you'll repeat the same inane goof up..

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Loosing is a part of forex, but its beneficial only when you learn from it, if you continue to make same mistakes again and again then forex is not a place for you.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yup..after all the teeth grinding has been done and the screaming and shouting, it is time to learn what you did wrong and move up from there..

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Losses dont matter if they are in proportional in size with profits but if profits are normal but losses are huge then that's big problem. And that is what happens with most. First time you commit it its a learning lesson, When you repeat it its a mistake, Third time you commit it its a blunder. Never Commit a blunder.
"mistakes increases ur experience and experience decreases ur mistakes.
if u learn from your mistakes,then other learn from you and your success"

BFS

Active Trader
Apr 30, 2014
if your losses are too high, then just stop trading.. otherwise you may be hated by family, friends and be all in debts. Trading is like hard work - you learn it and you trade and if you learnt it good, you have good results, if not - you will probably fail again and again.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
if your losses are too high, then just stop trading.. otherwise you may be hated by family, friends and be all in debts. Trading is like hard work - you learn it and you trade and if you learnt it good, you have good results, if not - you will probably fail again and again.

Yes to avoid this situation start with a less capital and increase it as you get more experienced and confident.

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
Losses are the part of Forex and you can only avoid or minimize these losses if you can take time to learn Forex. So always try to learn Forex and get experience in Forex.

Of course, losses are part of trading, and part of the statistic. If you lose it means you trade and being active. If you manage your risk properly, there is nothing to worry about.
Losses are also a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes and become a better trader.

Oct 11, 2015
I think that they can be learned from just because you can see what it is that you're doing wrong. I know that I've always been able to learn from the mistakes that I've made. That's why I've always used demo accounts when it comes to that. It's great because then you aren't using your own money that you're losing. That's why I feel more confident, but then there are downsides to that. And that is that demo trading may cause you to develop certain risk-loving behaviors that will surely ruin your live account in no time. It all comes down to trading psychology. Top Forex brokers will try to caution you against putting too much faith in trading results achieved with a demo account, mostly because such achievements are emotion-free.

Gerrard Hank

Trader
Nov 3, 2016
We definitely can benefit from our losses. Successful traders are not afraid of losing. Losing is part of the process of successful trading. Traders who avoid losses, only if it is possible, also avoid success. When there is a loss, you are taught what not to do. And when you know what not to do in order not to lose money, you begin to learn what to do in order to win.

darren greg

Trader
Feb 2, 2017
Yes traders can benefit even out of losses if they stay positive as they get to learn from their mistakes and find a way to get better results.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Of course losses are inevitable. But one must always learn from his/her losses. Actually we can benefit from our losses because our own losses make us think about the mistakes we made and urge to correct them so that we don’t repeat them again. Experience helps to learn from our own mistakes before they turn out to be blunders.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Losses whether small or big are both crucial to analyze. They are part of every business but when they start exceeding the profits and becoming huge then it becomes a huge problem. Learning from one’s own losses is very essential as otherwise person would keep on committing same mistakes again. It is truly very beneficial for the trader to know how to benefit from one’s own loss.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Actually profit and loss both are part of any business. Many new traders make losses in start and it is the compensation paid in order to acquire experience because those who let go these losses start earning profits in future provided they learn from such losses.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
Yes, I am very positive on my losing trades; but that doesn’t mean I like to lose my money! I do deep analysis on my SL traders and always try to find out exact reason of my losing! When I started my trading then my success ratio was only 55% and now it is around 75-78%! That’s the power of studying on SL trades!

Alexa Smith

Trader
Nov 23, 2015
Canada
First and foremost, you need to understand that there will be profits and losses in trading. However, a professional trader knows how to minimize risks and enhance profits. When you suffer from a loss, you learn something new and you can avoid repeating mistakes in the future. So yes, we can say that losses benefit traders to a certain extent.