Do not afraid to loss

Mohdfx

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I guess the new traders being unaware of the market should not keep the leverage high in start as using higher leverage can bring high damages.
Yeah, firstly I thought that big leverage is sooo good and looked for a broker that offers at least 1000x ... But now I've learned that I'm not so rich to be able to use that big leverages :D

• 👍
Reactions: Hafizmd

Gerrard Hank

Trader
Nov 3, 2016
I try not to let the loss of the money bother me. Whenever I have lost money in trading, I have always considered that I have learned something; that if I have lost money I have gained experience, so that the money really went for a tuition fee. A man has to have experience and he has to pay for it. And when you know what not to do in order not to lose money, you begin to learn what to do in order to win. That's the secret. So do not be afraid and quit trading.

Mohdfx

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I try not to let the loss of the money bother me. Whenever I have lost money in trading, I have always considered that I have learned something; that if I have lost money I have gained experience, so that the money really went for a tuition fee. A man has to have experience and he has to pay for it. And when you know what not to do in order not to lose money, you begin to learn what to do in order to win. That's the secret. So do not be afraid and quit trading.
Yeah, it is hard to leave sometimes, especially if you understand that all the signals told to enter the trade now and you begin to lose... Hope it's only a newbie problem and soon I'll get more experience and deal with it easier every time :)

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
It seems to me you missed some part? It would be interesting for me what piece of advice was there :)
Oh, I am sorry. Some text is really missing and I just noticed it
I wanted to say that your no one can be fully sure that he will win, even if a trader is confident. But don't be upset if something goes wrong on a live account. It's the matter of practice and only real experience will put the things together. But still, there is no guarantees :D You can say that Forex is a bit cruel to traders, but what work is easy? I'm sure that every sphere has it's peculiarities

f4forex

Active Trader
Oct 8, 2015
Yeah, firstly I thought that big leverage is sooo good and looked for a broker that offers at least 1000x ... But now I've learned that I'm not so rich to be able to use that big leverages :D

As for leverage some brokers offer 1:1000 on their micro account and 1:400 on regular once, however i have noticed a few crazy offers like 1:3000 which i guess bit unrealistic too.

Mohdfx

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
As for leverage some brokers offer 1:1000 on their micro account and 1:400 on regular once, however i have noticed a few crazy offers like 1:3000 which i guess bit unrealistic too.
Hah, really :) But I saw a person on reddit not so long ago and he told that risk is everything for him, so he asked for a broker with the biggest leverage. He is crazy :D

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
Hah, really :) But I saw a person on reddit not so long ago and he told that risk is everything for him, so he asked for a broker with the biggest leverage. He is crazy :D
Well, I've met such people in real life and can say that all of them are not traders now.

• 👍
Reactions: Hafizmd
Feb 8, 2017
Loss is a part of Business. Everyone should have a mentality to loss. No one ever tell that I have invested the money and don’t lose anything. There is a word no risk no gain. In forex market every successful trader have the experienced of losing the money. Because if you don’t lose anything you cannot learn the mistakes that why you are losing the money. So don’t be afraid to loss the money.

BigMikey

Feb 12, 2017
Loss is a part of Business. Everyone should have a mentality to loss. No one ever tell that I have invested the money and don’t lose anything. There is a word no risk no gain. In forex market every successful trader have the experienced of losing the money. Because if you don’t lose anything you cannot learn the mistakes that why you are losing the money. So don’t be afraid to loss the money.

Very true. Even the best traders have loses. If you look at and hedgefund they will have losing months and quarters so retail traders should expect the same

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Don't be afraid to win! There is so much concern about trading losses, which is fine, but much less concern about winning. How many times have you cut a winning trade short? This is a sure fire way to ensure that your losing trades have far greater impact than they should. Let profits run to their maximum potential, and you will see that your losing trades have far less impact on your account balance.

buzzfxbroker

Trader
Jan 30, 2017
www.buzzfx.com
Don't be afraid to win! There is so much concern about trading losses, which is fine, but much less concern about winning. How many times have you cut a winning trade short? This is a sure fire way to ensure that your losing trades have far greater impact than they should. Let profits run to their maximum potential, and you will see that your losing trades have far less impact on your account balance.

I am loving that Mr Bean is the voice of the big win - can you imagine him trading forex!

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
Whenever you lose money in the forex market, I would want you to always consider it that you have discovered something that would protect you from losing money and have gained knowledge. And when you know what do so as to protect your hard earned fund, you begin to learn what to do in order to succeed consistently.

Abdul Fani

Trader
Mar 16, 2017
Indonesia
www.facebook.com
I think, it`s true, that you shouldn`t afraid to lose for one more reason. Fear is a strong emotion. It can influence your behavior a lot. You can start panic and make things even worse. If you trade, you should be cool and don`t let your emotions dominate your mind.\
So, try to be philosophical and realise, that your fear is useless in this case.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I think, it`s true, that you shouldn`t afraid to lose for one more reason. Fear is a strong emotion. It can influence your behavior a lot. You can start panic and make things even worse. If you trade, you should be cool and don`t let your emotions dominate your mind.\
So, try to be philosophical and realise, that your fear is useless in this case.
You cannot control human emotions no matter how hard you try, but you can control how you react!

Mohdfx

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Do you trade on demo?
Staying philosophical is a quite nice way , indeed, but it was possible for me only with demo. But on a real acc... there was a little problem. but my trading experience is not so large yet (less than a year). hope, I'll get used to it or find some more effective ways of controlling emotions

Mar 27, 2017
The little I've read on the topic shows that one needs to balance the profit and losses by applying a correct reward/risk ratio. Otherwise, there might come an alogical moment out of our twisted perception models