what is your leverage when you trade ?

FxTimothy

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2016
Yes one can surely trade big instruments using high leverage but keep in mind then its risky as well and if you use High leverage then Changes are you are breaking one Rule of Forex Trading is right money management.

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Leverages are good trading instruments, you can trade big positions with a small capital using nice leverages. But new traders should not get lost in the excitement; moderate leverages like 1:10 is good enough.
It is good, really. But I have to note that people who trade on a lice account after practicing on demo, can surely work with bigger leverages, as 1:50. it won't influence the depo very much if it's not of $20... :)

Roifx

Trader
Nov 23, 2016
roifx.com
i like low leverage for trading. High leverage can be dangerous for this forex. So i will recommend for new traders to choose 1:100 leverage. It will control your over trading.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
It is good, really. But I have to note that people who trade on a lice account after practicing on demo, can surely work with bigger leverages, as 1:50. it won't influence the depo very much if it's not of $20... :)
Oh my God, i'm laughing to death. I know it's just a mistake, but the lice account... :D :D :D
As for the theme, I'd say that people can freely trade with 1:100 and even 1:200 leverage. Just not with 1:3000 or unlimited leverage.
No, I'm not crazy. It was a surprise for me too. Today I've learned that exness offers unlimited leverage. I can't say it's a good news cause it's a shock. A very tricky way to get more money from newbies who don't think that their depo will be destroyed just by one-pip price movement
I'm still shocked. It's very sad..

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Oh my God, i'm laughing to death. I know it's just a mistake, but the lice account... :D :D :D
As for the theme, I'd say that people can freely trade with 1:100 and even 1:200 leverage. Just not with 1:3000 or unlimited leverage.
No, I'm not crazy. It was a surprise for me too. Today I've learned that exness offers unlimited leverage. I can't say it's a good news cause it's a shock. A very tricky way to get more money from newbies who don't think that their depo will be destroyed just by one-pip price movement
Ah, I'm sorry for misspelling, maybe I was tired while writing this line.
Unlimited leverages? Wow, I would see what psychos will go for it :D

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
As per my opinion, optimal range of leverage must be in between 100x to 500x. As more high leverage, more high risks so there are more chances of your account getting wiped out. Everyone has his/her risk bearing potential so choice of leverage varies from person to person. I’m presently trading at 200x and I feel it works best for me.

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016

No more unlimited leverage from Exness :)

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
1:200-300 is quite enough. I truly think only scalper need high leverageds
Well I think its not about leverage but the lot size the more it is the higher is a chance you will get slippaged or filled with worst price. I try to not exceed 1 lot trading with Hotforex on 1:500 leverage, avoid trading at nights when there are less ticks and wider slippage, but in other times, sticking to trading plan , I have no issues with the broker and trading itself.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
i like low leverage for trading. High leverage can be dangerous for this forex. So i will recommend for new traders to choose 1:100 leverage. It will control your over trading.
High leverage is not dangerous for trading at all, if you know how to manage risk accurately, obviously leverage always be full of risk , for that reason before trading with leverage we have to acquire proper risk management policy by learning. We can use high leverage in demo trading first of all to see the performance how it works.

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I am comfortable with 1:100; I seem high trading leverage is always risky because it inspires to take big trading lots size! Besides, I always follow here money management rules of trading.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
my hotforex account is at 1:400, while another one is at 1:500 dont get me wrong i try to limit it to mico lots, the thing is i simply started that way and simply got used to it, though i have been thinking for a while now to go even lower really. btw imo anthing above 1:1000 for micro accounts simply stay away from it, I ahve seen some leverage go up to 1:3000 and i dont mean no disrespect but that is insane.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Right now, I am using 1:100. I have been using this setup from the last 2 years! I used 1:200 in my beginning session of live trading.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Anybody tried to use 1:50 leverage? What is the best lot size if my trading deposit is $5000 and I don't rush to become a millionaire. Want to ensure the safest conditions as possible

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am pretty sure all the US traders use 1:50 leverage - that's their legal maximum. 1:50 is not that bad I believe. Your lot size should be determined by the amount of risk you wish to take with each trade and the stop-loss distance for each specific trade.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Why you can't just proportionally reduce lot size to offset the effect of leverage? This has been a mystery for me so far. Does regulator ban leverage just for possibility of misuse. Is it a protection for regular Joe or regulator tries to prevent traders from overleveraging trading environment?