Common mistakes in trading

Mark Fahad

Trader
Sep 26, 2016
I have seen according to my trading experience by and large traders in particularly the newcomer’s fall a great loss by taking high leverage due to non-sense planning and zero risk management policy. So, before trading with high leverage we the traders have to know how to manage risk.

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
I've noticed another common mistake made by traders, especially newbies. Experienced traders have learned that trading too often can be severely disastrous to total returns & performance. So if you are a new trader, you may have to learn this lesson and that is Overtrading. Trading regularly can destroy your profits to the point where they turn into notable losses. Don't do it.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
I've noticed another common mistake made by traders, especially newbies. Experienced traders have learned that trading too often can be severely disastrous to total returns & performance. So if you are a new trader, you may have to learn this lesson and that is Overtrading. Trading regularly can destroy your profits to the point where they turn into notable losses. Don't do it.
I think practically all new traders do that. I used to overtrade too at the very beginning... The main point to catch the moment when you overtrade and to stop. it's a psychological issue, as for me

lenon

Banned
Sep 8, 2015
On the one hand it might not be good to trade too much, but one should observe what's going on in the terminal and be in the know of what trends are forming and where the market is going. It's not that important how many deals you're opening, but whether you're entering the market the right way, then you won't have to trade a lot and you'll have a decent income, but as I said, one should observe the graphs as often as possible.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
On the one hand it might not be good to trade too much, but one should observe what's going on in the terminal and be in the know of what trends are forming and where the market is going. It's not that important how many deals you're opening, but whether you're entering the market the right way, then you won't have to trade a lot and you'll have a decent income, but as I said, one should observe the graphs as often as possible.
You have no need to trade while observing charts, man :D But I agree that watching the markets is a good idea

f4forex

Active Trader
Oct 8, 2015
A major mistake that new traders usually avoid by trading through proper trade management plan as most of them start trading with no targets or goals, eventually some of them losses money due to over trading or greed factor and losses more money while chasing that lost money. So i guess they should keep a trading journal too along with their trading plan, do not over trade and review their journal to improve their weaknesses.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
Emotion part is very different on demo and live account. It takes time to deal with the heat of live account even after having good practice.
Leverage can be double bladed sword. Thus, it has to be used wisely.

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
One common mistake for new traders is that in the rush to make profit from the famous forex market, they abandon risk management. Some don't even use stop loss.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
One common mistake for new traders is that in the rush to make profit from the famous forex market, they abandon risk management. Some don't even use stop loss.
It's because some ingenious trader write on forums that they don't use stoplosses and win more money :D I saw threads about not using SL and honestly, I can't understand people who advise such things. Are they scam brokers or smth like this? :)

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
It's because some ingenious trader write on forums that they don't use stoplosses and win more money :D I saw threads about not using SL and honestly, I can't understand people who advise such things. Are they scam brokers or smth like this? :)
Haha. I think they are market makers indeed! Or maybe someone who came in the Forex world from gambling.. venturesome people are usually too risky, I mean Forex is not an ideal place to earn money for them.

FxTimothy

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2016
most prevalent mistakes that is very common among the traders are emotional Trading Decisions and becoming greedy when they see the live market running to and fro that makes them feel greedy and they begin to jump into the market with Hevey lots to earn Quick money which is one of the Greatest reason why most of them fail ultimately.

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
most prevalent mistakes that is very common among the traders are emotional Trading Decisions and becoming greedy when they see the live market running to and fro that makes them feel greedy and they begin to jump into the market with Hevey lots to earn Quick money which is one of the Greatest reason why most of them fail ultimately.
It seems to me that experienced traders write about greed and emotion in every thread, but there still some risky newbies who go all-in. Oh, what's a pitty (for them) :D

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Emotions management is just another part to learn by every new trader however demo accounts are more helpful in learning forex processes easily.
Emotions and demo are different in their basis
No one has real emotions when trades unreal money. It's just the other attitude to money, orders, losses, profit. Am I right, friends? :)

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
One of main trading mistakes is trading with too big lot size expecting to catch quick profit, avoiding using stop losses end closing profitable trades too quickly. Traders can avoid it using trading plan but its really plan to draw it to make it at least 2% profitable because in the long run spreads will eat even perfect trading plan. That's why we need to keep record of our profit and avoid overtrading.

mai joe

Oct 3, 2016
if you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t learning. All the professional as well as novice traders must have made many mistakes while trading and learnt from their mistakes to enhance their returns. Some common mistakes I came across in trading are:

· lack of training and preparation

· Emotional trading

· Relying too much on mechanical tools and systems

· Improper timing

· Lack of calculation of risk reward ration

· Wrong placement of stop loss

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Trader makes many common mistake, and one of them, is the consideration the Forex Trading as a Gamble, and trades blindly.

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
if you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t learning. All the professional as well as novice traders must have made many mistakes while trading and learnt from their mistakes to enhance their returns. Some common mistakes I came across in trading are:
· lack of training and preparation
· Emotional trading
· Relying too much on mechanical tools and systems
· Improper timing
· Lack of calculation of risk reward ration
· Wrong placement of stop loss
Some people trade without stoplosses at all, have you ever heard of them? Strange things. I can agree that lack of trading experience and emotions are the main problem...

f4forex

Active Trader
Oct 8, 2015
Trader makes many common mistake, and one of them, is the consideration the Forex Trading as a Gamble, and trades blindly.

Those who consider it as gambling simply looses their money and looses more while chasing that lost money. So they should keep in mind that forex trading is purely based on analysis, calculations and experience.