Are You Disappointed in Trading?

ArslanKemal

Trader
Aug 3, 2016
I do not called it failure because there is nothing like a failure in life, it is just a break where we stop thinking about positive aspects of our mistakes. So learn from mistakes and move on for new positive movement.
Good words! I completely agree with you! every failure makes us stronger

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes actually failure also can making us strongest, but of course need positive mindset with loss than occur, because some people might after failure hence making them in desperation

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Good words! I completely agree with you! every failure makes us stronger
Yeah, that true mate. If we never fails then how we know the value of winning. So failure is important to sharp our knowledge and to be more perfect for work.
Yeah...! With each failure we have the courage to trade and not repeat the mistakes which we have made previously, it increases our knowledge and experience, though we lose money, but I think in this field, experience matters more than failure or loss of money.

daniele roos

Oct 3, 2016
Hello guys,
Well I do not feel disappointed in trading. Some days you gain, some days you lose! But you learn constantly.Just Choose your trading style and implement your trading strategies wisely after a thorough research on market. Trading is no cakewalk but it’s worth the blood sweat and tears.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Hello guys,
Well I do not feel disappointed in trading. Some days you gain, some days you lose! But you learn constantly.Just Choose your trading style and implement your trading strategies wisely after a thorough research on market. Trading is no cakewalk but it’s worth the blood sweat and tears.
Well said mate, not every day is same for trader. One day you will have profit and another day you may face loss. So be prepared for everything in market because market is always not going to be in our favor.

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
In Forex, there's always a failure. And there's always a disappointment. And there's always a loss. But the secret is learning from the loss, and realizing that where there are no expectations, there is no disappointment. Disappointment in Forex is inevitable. But to become discouraged and throw in the towel, that's your choice to make.

nikita sharma

Trader
Oct 27, 2016
trading requires skills to be in moderate state and one should never be disappointed with it. the fact is you must know how to enjoy your excitement when you are making money and avoid getting frustrated if not.

Ally

Sep 13, 2016
I would like to say that No, I’m not disappointed in trading and also I motivate everyone to not to be so hopeless about your own trading even if your trading doesn’t sound much good to others. What is required is a small push to fuel the trader to become successful. It needs lot of practice & patience if you really want to become affluent. Disappointment comes through losses but you need to learn how to handle losses.

buldy

Trader
Nov 15, 2016
Re
“One of the keys to a trader’s success was not the results of a trade but rather how a trader reacted to the results of a trade.” – Dan Gamza

Why me? Why did this happen to me? Those are some of the questions that disturb losing traders. After a series of losses, some of them develop hatred for trading. Suffering that results from negative trades, drawdowns and margin calls can make people easily disappointed in trading.

Nonetheless, no matter how bad your trading is, it could’ve been worse. No matter how bad things are, there are still some reasons to be thankful, if you can think deep.

There are events that move the markets and which professionals focus on. These events often are filled with uncertainties, bringing profits and losses to people. Just some months ago, Greece was a hot topic, and speculators were mulling opening positions on the seemingly overextended markets, but some had serious misgivings. At times, the stakes may be higher than the rewards.

There Is Really Nothing Like Losses

There is really nothing like losses, for what brings losses to some people is what brings profits to others. The market moves up or down – not losing up or down. When you buy EURUSD and it goes up, you win (but a seller will lose). When you sell AUDJPY and it goes up, you lose (but a buyer will win). When you enter a direction in the market and it moves seriously in your favor, all those who go in that direction will make money, provided there are no wide differences in their entry prices.

What you call losses is what brings profits to some people. What you call profits is what brings losses to some people.

People Don’t Learn Their Lessons
Despite well-meaning efforts to solve the problem of loss, there are millions of traders around the world who’re still losing because of dangerous trading habits. People don’t learn their lessons.

During a funeral process, many attendees will be remorseful, thinking about the brevity of life and futility of wickedness, anxiety, love of money and so on. But once the funeral is done, you’ll see many of those attendees living their lives as if they’d not die again.

Too many traders lost in the past because they didn’t use stop loss on live and simulated accounts. When they come back to trading, you’ll see them using the same trading approaches that led to their downfall the last time, namely, high lot sizes and no stop loss. People don’t learn their lessons.

Traders who test new trading ideas on demos don’t use stops; and I wonder how that idea can survive on live accounts in the long haul, because they may apply it to a demo account once they’ve been lucky enough to gather some gains.

A Way Out?
After many years of grappling with the markets, traders who complained in the past may later show their gratitude; and for the fact that the markets cannot be blamed for what happen to them (though we may feel disappointed sometimes). There are days when they become sad, and they complain when they think of their seeming helplessness. Nonetheless, they’d have come to understand that the markets don’t set out to punish individuals.

Interacting with good traders as well as reading about super successful ones would’ve made them stronger psychologically and kept their spirits up.

Reflecting on a possibility of a risk-free trading approach reassures those who’re currently losing. Good trading coaches care about them, knowing full well that the end of their struggles is in sight. Focusing on such hope can give a trader the fortitude to endure certain negativity now.

Conclusion: Are you disappointed in trading? Well those who currently make loads of money from trading were once disappointed at some time in their careers. Those whose marriage is now successful were at one time, frustrated by their spouse. But these people, for example, profitable traders (as well as happily married persons), looked for solutions to their problems and apply those solutions faithfully. That doesn’t mean they’re luckier or better than others: that means they’re able to overcome the causes of frustrations and disappointment in their careers.

This article is ended with the quote below:

“Markets are people. So beating them asks for insight in what they are doing. And, perhaps more importantly, how they feel, because that will direct their future actions and, in the end, what markets will do.” – Dirk Vandycke

Really motivating, it is only natural to react negatively when we loose money because it hard to come by. But I believe all of us can relate to the thread here, we just have to buckle up and move on patiently hoping things will improve.

FoxyFoxy

Dec 10, 2016
Good motivation here. But it still is disapointing some times especially when things go well for a few months and you think it's going well but then the losses come and your back to square 1

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
You have made out some excellent points in the article. Forex traders at some point of time in their trading life find themselves disappointed as far as my experience goes.

As you have suggested that those who make millions nowadays, they were in this position as well. As a trader, we have to remember that and give ourselves enough time and opportunity to survive in the market. If we can survive for like 3/4 years, success is going to be achieved for sure.

buldy

Trader
Nov 15, 2016
Good motivation here. But it still is disapointing some times especially when things go well for a few months and you think it's going well but then the losses come and your back to square 1

This is the point where you consistency is tested, whether to continue or not. Maybe you might need a break, but should you stop? One thing we must realize is that we cannot expect to win all the time, it true that if you are losing on the stretch then sometimes is wrong somewhere!

buldy

Trader
Nov 15, 2016
Good lukas, I believe being patient must have helped you. We all must struggle in life at some point, that doesn't mean we'll give up easily, we just have to keep fighting and hoping for the best!

FoxyFoxy

Dec 10, 2016
It does get to the point sometimes when I think about stopping. It is tough to make that call when you have been trying for a couple of years though.