Have you learned from your mistakes?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Learning from our mistake is better way to improve trading skill, and experience trading in real account with demo account is different, trading on real account will giving better experience to develop psychology trading and demo account is good to test any system trading and strategy.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Learning from our mistake is better way to improve trading skill, and experience trading in real account with demo account is different, trading on real account will giving better experience to develop psychology trading and demo account is good to test any system trading and strategy.

As a Forex trader we tend to make some or the other mistakes in our trades. Now what becomes more important to us is that we should be able to learn from them and also try to improve so that we become better traders one day :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
As a Forex trader we tend to make some or the other mistakes in our trades. Now what becomes more important to us is that we should be able to learn from them and also try to improve so that we become better traders one day :)
Sometime indeed we make mistake in trading, maybe almost mistake that causing loss is trader making bad analysis and also rush in decision making, learn from ur mistake will improve trading skill if we can keep with discipline to obey rules and avopid same mistake repeated again, might not easy but we need to learn to do if we want get improvement skill.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Learning from your own mistakes is a way to improve yourself, but do you think is possible to learn from the mistakes of others?
Yes but actualy we also can learn from any other experience, if likely these trader get fail and said because greedy, hence actually we also can take lesson from them, but indeed with learn from our own mistake hence will making us get betterment trading skill if we can keep discipline.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
I've learned a lot from my mistakes. Its because of this I can trade well after experience of some years. Learning from theory is another thing but in forex trading, you need to gain proper experience which comes from personal mistakes.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I've learned a lot from my mistakes. Its because of this I can trade well after experience of some years. Learning from theory is another thing but in forex trading, you need to gain proper experience which comes from personal mistakes.
I think is very good if we can learn from our mistake, and to overcome same mistake repeated again as trader they should recognized heir own mistake so they will always carefully before making new decision whether they will repetaed same misake or not, created rules trading to avoid same mistake also good way to minimize such mistake repetaed again.

grac110

Trader
Dec 1, 2015
www.steadfastengg.com
There is not a single forex trader who did not make mistakes during their trading career especially in the beginning of trading. Most of the beginners will fail to learn from their mistakes except a small percentage of traders who will make the mistakes and learn from them. This is what will separate successful traders from failures.
Yes in my trading career , i always learn a lot of things from my mistakes. Although initially i lost my money too. sometimes i decided to leave the trading. my mother scold me for this too. but still i am in trading . i think without taking any risk you can't be on the top. life is too short for cry and worries.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Yes in my trading career , i always learn a lot of things from my mistakes. Although initially i lost my money too. sometimes i decided to leave the trading. my mother scold me for this too. but still i am in trading . i think without taking any risk you can't be on the top. life is too short for cry and worries.

I would like to say that doing mistakes in our trading is actually a good thing as that will let us learn about which trades are good for us and how we are going to benefit from them :)

Dec 28, 2015
I would like to say that doing mistakes in our trading is actually a good thing as that will let us learn about which trades are good for us and how we are going to benefit from them :)
I agree with you, mistakes are a good learning tool. It is just better if we be as much careful as we can and not make huge mistakes

Dec 28, 2015
Yes but actualy we also can learn from any other experience, if likely these trader get fail and said because greedy, hence actually we also can take lesson from them, but indeed with learn from our own mistake hence will making us get betterment trading skill if we can keep discipline.

I see what you mean, it is true that sometimes you don't learn something until you make the mistake yourself

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
I see what you mean, it is true that sometimes you don't learn something until you make the mistake yourself

We will be doing many types of mistakes as a traders and we have to know about trades that are profitable to us and the trades that will not give us income at all :)

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah! Mistakes are part of learing, but i guess it takes lot more time to learn from mistakes than what we usually think. In the earlier threads, i see some people asking how can we know if we have recoverd from our mistakes or not. i would like to suggest that please to connect thier account with some sites that show your performance and trading strategy. like myfxbook or you can make your signal in mql5. if drawdown is increasing, it seems you are not learning much but committing more of mistakes.
I hope this helps you!

grac110

Trader
Dec 1, 2015
www.steadfastengg.com
Yeah! Mistakes are part of learing, but i guess it takes lot more time to learn from mistakes than what we usually think. In the earlier threads, i see some people asking how can we know if we have recoverd from our mistakes or not. i would like to suggest that please to connect thier account with some sites that show your performance and trading strategy. like myfxbook or you can make your signal in mql5. if drawdown is increasing, it seems you are not learning much but committing more of mistakes.
I hope this helps you!
yah Danveer i am totally agree with you.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
just to anser the question, 6 years trading forex and thinking did i learn from my mistakes, YES i did, but not all of them, there is no avoiding committing mistakes, and one way or another, if traded with a stressed mind one can always get carried away with emotions LOL, but we struggle to make up for it, some basic mistakes one should avoid is learning to let go of loses, thats really really hard to do, the more traders try to make up for loses the more they get deeper in the process, i blown a couple of accounts doing so, now what i do is take it easy, a couple of trades on gold a week on my hotforex account and just let it roll.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, smetime in analysis we still making mistake that causing loss it's beacuse not always we can making accurate analysis all the time, here as trader they use technical analysis approach and also fundamental anlaysis approach only want to making good prediction to the market, but sometime loss till inevitable here.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
There is no doubt learning by self is the best way to go as whatever even if its little we learn is perfect. Sp learning from our mistakes totally beneficial for us.

aqibFXmart

Trader
Jul 5, 2016
error is normal for traders. make mistakes we know about it the better. so do not always look bad every mistake we can. but download the positive side. and we can trade better afterwards.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes sometime in trading as trader making mistake analysis etc, but will good if any trader also recognized their mistake to overcome later if likely will repeated mistake they can avoid these mistake

ArslanKemal

Trader
Aug 3, 2016
I think that trading on forex is the only sphere of life where your own mistakes are best teachers) I always knew that we should learn on people's mistakes, but in trading it's really the most effective way to learn