How do you handle your losses?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
If we will make use of good trading analysis then a time will come when we can say that a trader is good and which trade is not good. This way we will be able to avoid the bad trades easily :)
This is main skill for trader is how to analyze the trend with high accurate because as trader they will work with the trend market, and skill to analyze the trend is very much important, although as trader not always able making accurate analysis, but at least they making more than 80% this is already good because they will able increasing profit.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
This is main skill for trader is how to analyze the trend with high accurate because as trader they will work with the trend market, and skill to analyze the trend is very much important, although as trader not always able making accurate analysis, but at least they making more than 80% this is already good because they will able increasing profit.

There are some Forex traders who know which kind of trading is best for them and so they will use that type of trading for getting a good income from their trades easily :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Forex is risky and sometimes investors can lose money.
We suggest using another broker, e.g. Exness or Libra FX.
Yes as tarder might losing money in trading and how to minimize the risk required good learning how to analyze trend market with higher accurate analysis, and I think the market remain same although we using diferent platform, and might if occur slipage might only small pips.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Losses are just part of the business. If you have to sit down and regain composure after incurring a loss, you're losing too much. Cut your losses shorter and accept them as stepping stones towards ultimate success.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes loss will giving valuable lesson if we an learn from our mistake, so better if we also have reason why enter and what plan will implemented, control our risk with strict money management will making more comfortable although profit that obtained also small profit

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Just to add a comment: Best place to put a stop is just below resistance for a buy, and just above support for a sell.
Still many trader using this area to determine stop loss and taking profit, support and resistance, but there are some way to look on this area, there are trader using fibonacci to look area to determine target and stop loss, but for me often use only horisontal line to look area

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I prefer support and resistance because these are natural supply and demand points within the price action. If support is where buyers are supposedly stronger than sellers, but price breaks through, then it is a significant sign of weakness that justifies closing long positions and perhaps reversing the position. Conversely, if resistance is where sellers are supposedly stronger than buyers, but price breaks through, then this is a significant sign of strength that justifies closing short positions and perhaps reversing. Fibonacci, whilst popular and reasonably accurate, is simply a mathematical formula plotted to the chart with no reference to underlying support and resistance.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I am use stop loss in my trades, usually also use support and resistance level that occur on timeframe, I like to put stop loss on support and resistance area on 15 minute timeframe, and sometime trying with average position using pending order

DenTe

Trader
Apr 15, 2016
Chisinau, Moldova
Exactly it said. With losses need to learn, not to fall into despair. In general, the loss should be considered in risk management. But if something went wrong, you need to take a break, be sure to re-examine, to see the error. Errors will always need to prevent their recurrence.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes we can learn also from our losses, sometime if we take lesson from our mistake, it will giving valuable lesson for future trading, in forex is not only about profit in fact and risk also need to managed and there are several way to manage the risk use stop loss hedging or ea lock profit and there are trailing stop we can chose that suitable

Callagy20

Trader
Jul 24, 2015
The truth is it is not really easy losing in forex. The emotions that come with a loss can really hit on the mentality of the trader. Imagine a trade you opened with $100,000 and you lose, it will hit you emotionally. But you must not open that trade with $100,000 deposit of real money. I deposit and have up to 500% of bonus to trade with my Profiforex broker Even with 500% bonus I can use leverages as high as 1:3000 leverages. So I could trade big positions as large as $100,000 with just very little money coming from my pocket.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
not sure what it has to do with handling loses.. :D simply take the lose let it go and move on, thats what should be done dont let it affect u much when actually trading after a big lose, if still cant clear your head then step away from your pc and trade the next day instead

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
This conclusion means that we must stick the risk management and keep the discipline of trading, actually during the loses.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
This conclusion means that we must stick the risk management and keep the discipline of trading, actually during the loses.
Yes we need stick with risk management, except any trader having strategy without stop loss but they know last stop loss is margin call account hence they only spent money that afford to lose

• 👍
Reactions: MartinBa

Scott Porter

Apr 23, 2016
Frankly, I am sure there is nothing like 100% in Forex business! That’s way, I am very positive on my losses! But, I know how to avoid big losses. Actually, I always use low trading lot size in my live trading. In addition, I never try to recover my losses instantly usually I wait for good entry point.

DenTe

Trader
Apr 15, 2016
Chisinau, Moldova
Frankly, I am sure there is nothing like 100% in Forex business! That’s way, I am very positive on my losses! But, I know how to avoid big losses. Actually, I always use low trading lot size in my live trading. In addition, I never try to recover my losses instantly usually I wait for good entry point.
Very wise lines

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Always, always, always have a SL and NEVER EVER move it backwards - if and when you do have a loss . . . Take it on the chin and move on :)