Start of education

Dolgart

Trader
Mar 25, 2016
Hello! I have started to study different trading system. I am newbie and have question.
What timeframe is better to use for newbie? There are a lot of systems for different timeframes and i don't know what to choose.

Dolgart

Trader
Mar 25, 2016
I am sorry, but may be i misunderstood you.

I am newbie, but you advice me to trade on more difficult timeframes.
If i shouldn't trade with technical indicators than i should to trade with figures or fundumental analysis. But as i read, these analyses are used on timeframes not less than 1hour.
So, i misunderstood your advice.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I advise learning to trade on them - lower timeframes offer more trading opportunities to practice.

If i shouldn't trade with technical indicators than i should to trade with figures or fundumental analysis. But as i read, these analyses are used on timeframes not less than 1hour.

No, you are not limited to figures and fundamental analysis if you do not use technical indicators. You can still trade based naked price action, support and resistance, trendlines, or candlestick analysis.

ijak8510

Trader
Sep 29, 2015
I am sorry, but may be i misunderstood you.

So, i misunderstood your advice.
if you wanna more better timeframe. i suggest you trade with H4 . because with this TF, you only need to look the chart every 4 hours
however, usually h4 has more bigger stoploss in pips
and like what moderator told you, try to study classic technical analytics , ie Candlestic, chartpatter, trendlines,Supply Demand , dow theory, S/R.,
Especially Dow Theory, you need to learn it .
and its better you learn from basic, most site like earnforex, babypips, brokerarena, provide free educational material

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Timeframe used based on style trading I think, daily timeframe and wekly timefrae used for position trader which they look target monthly, four hour timeframe and one hour timeframe used intraday and swing trader, but scalping trader they will open and closed order short time they use five minuite timeframe

ijak8510

Trader
Sep 29, 2015
Timeframe used based on style trading I think, daily timeframe and wekly timefrae used for position trader which they look target monthly, four hour timeframe and one hour timeframe used intraday and swing trader, but scalping trader they will open and closed order short time they use five minuite timeframe
it depens on traders characters. for me for example, trading with D1 or W1 chart are very very bored. because we limited our opportunity
but i can trade with h1-h4 but can not with anything under m30.
and for small timeframe trader like me, i remembered what i read in brokerarena, a busy trading session is suitable for me

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I agree with Enivid re learning to trade without indicators, and I understand the point being made re M15 time frame (more trades equal faster learning), however, longer time frames are where you will find the most reliable signals. I trade the H4, get my support/resistance levels from D1, and use multi time frames (H4,D1,W1) as confirmation. I use SR, Trendlines, and Channels, as well as Pin Bars if price is near SR levels.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I am also like trade without indicator and using candletick pattern to analyze trend market that ocur, many indicator also giving lagging signal in trades and this is only help tool for trader and not always profitable, making trading being simple as long as we know what to do

MarkTrader

Trader
Mar 15, 2016
not really .. however i am not fan of Higher TF, too much Pips to risk
But many people believe that lower time frames should be avoided by newbies.I believe when you trade the higher time frames you get a clearer picture of what is really happening in the market.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
You have also a live account with IC Markets or just a demo one?Would you recommend them?

Just a demo at present. I am testing IC Markets Australia cTrader platform. For your reference I have pasted an extract from Forex Peace Army below:

Overall Rating: (3.497)
Total Reviews: 204
Last Updated: 2016-04-10
Description:
IC Markets are forex brokers. IC Markets offers the MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, MT Mobile, and cTrader global forex trading top platforms. ICMarkets.com.au offers over 60 of the most traded currency pairs, indices, and commodities for your personal investment and trading options.

Special Notes:
Other websites of this company include ICMarkets.com.au
January-February 2015: A large number of suspicious and fake positive reviews have been submitted for IC Markets.
May 2015: There is an FPA Traders Court guilty verdict against this company. The FPA recommends caution dealing with ICMarkets.com until this issue is resolved.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
So many option platfor mavailable, this is might help trader to choose platform that preferable, I am not use Ctrader so far and still using metatarder in my trades which in my experience this is already enough and user friendly

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
So many option platfor mavailable, this is might help trader to choose platform that preferable, I am not use Ctrader so far and still using metatarder in my trades which in my experience this is already enough and user friendly

The two main options available are Metatrader and cTrader. Nothing wrong with Metatrader, but I am finding cTrader to be a pleasant experience...user friendly and flexible.