Which Is Better "scalping" Or "swing Trading"?

jonsmith

Master Trader
Sep 7, 2015
I trade mainly as a day trader. Which is better for me Scalping or Swing trading?

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Day trader can be successful both as scalpers and as swing traders. You should choose the trading style according to your knowledge, skills, traits, etc. Also, it is more difficult to be a profitable scalper than a profitable swing trader, especially for a newbie.

I am a Day trader and all i can say is that i am selective when it comes to trading.

It only means that i will see if i have a good trading opportunity then only i will enter the markets or else will see what is happening and do not do any trades at all :)

Swing Trading is the best. You focus on the larger moves that are less affected by short-term volatility/spiks and you can earn hundreds of Pips per trade in a fairly short time period.

Many Swing Trading strategies require holding trades for several days and even weeks which can be too long for some traders to wait. However, some strategies can hit large targets within 1 or 2 Days such as this 102 Pip gain on the GBP CAD I made this week that took just 44 hours...

As a Swing Trader, you also can avoid paying attention to fundamental announcements which tend to be unrelated to the profitable moves that you target.

Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING

danbill

Nov 2, 2015
Swing Trading is the best. Y
Agree with this point but Swing-trading also has to carry the swap costs and you need larger fund to maintain your positions. But I see from experienced trader, they focus to gain profit with swing instead of scalping except they're specialized.

Andika Anjani

Trader
Oct 29, 2015
Day trader can be successful both as scalpers and as swing traders. You should choose the trading style according to your knowledge, skills, traits, etc. Also, it is more difficult to be a profitable scalper than a profitable swing trader, especially for a newbie.

Agree! Both strategies are good for day trader, but it depends on the trader itself. I've seen many newbies were trying scalping as their first strategy, but most of them were not survive in 5 days and moved to another trading strategy...

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Agree with this point but Swing-trading also has to carry the swap costs and you need larger fund to maintain your positions. But I see from experienced trader, they focus to gain profit with swing instead of scalping except they're specialized.
No worried about swap fee if we choose islamic account with check box free swap when we register new account, my broker also offer free swap for their client, although as swing trading and let order opened more than a day or week, will never charged swap fee or overnight interest, swing trading will profitabe if trader can analyze the trend market properly, also if scalping if trader have good skill hence they can making good profit also.

I think that if traders are concerned about spreads, carry costs..etc.. you either have a bad broker or your trading targets are very small.

With Swing Trading, targets are as large as 100, 200 Pips etc...so spreads etc arent/shouldnt be a big deal.

Focus on the big picture away from Smaller Time Frames...you´ll realize a world of difference. Hard to get away from Day Trading, but its worth it...

Recent Swing Trade, GBP CAD 140 PIPS

DEC%2B3%2B2015%2BGBP%2BCAD%2B140%2BPIP%2BRESULT.png

Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Kinds of market always changed, if we trade on strong trending market, with use swing trading strategy will more profitable, but not always trend will strong movement, if occur kinds of market on sideways movement, trader swing might they need patience to waiting good signal breakout, and scalping might can play on sideway market.