CASH_FLOW

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have tried attaching the indicator to 11 charts at once and it did not cause any slowdown. Most probably, you are experiencing those freezes due to combination of several indicators.

Nevertheless, I have cleaned up some unnecessary bits of code from the indicator and attached it here. But I doubt that it will help much as the code was already quite effective.

Attachments

• CASH_FLOW.mq5
    5.7 KB · Views: 23
M

mjackson

I have tried attaching the indicator to 11 charts at once and it did not cause any slowdown. Most probably, you are experiencing those freezes due to combination of several indicators.

Nevertheless, I have cleaned up some unnecessary bits of code from the indicator and attached it here. But I doubt that it will help much as the code was already quite effective.

Thank you ...testing...Offset is not working ( overlapping with fractals...set on 5, doesn't make difference)

Only and only other indicators that I use:
Fractals : you coded
BetterVolumeChartBars: you coded
EMA 200: standard
Stochastic: standard

So if you want to look other two that you coded...?

I wouldn't bother you by any means if there is no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjackson

Testing done...no much improvement...If you don't see anything else to check in CASH_FLOW.mql5 can you put those IF conditions (from SDRW) in BetterVolumeChartBars
if (spd1 > spd2) and if (v1 < v2) applied on Red and White bars ...might work ..

Please don't get me wrong ...I just helplessly begging for solution...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you ...testing...Offset is not working ( overlapping with fractals...set on 5, doesn't make difference)

Only and only other indicators that I use:
Fractals : you coded
BetterVolumeChartBars: you coded
EMA 200: standard
Stochastic: standard

So if you want to look other two that you coded...?

I wouldn't bother you by any means if there is no problem.
Offset does work. It uses broker's pips, so if your broker's quotes has 5 decimal places, you should consider that when setting Offset.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Testing done...no much improvement...If you don't see anything else to check in CASH_FLOW.mql5 can you put those IF conditions (from SDRW) in BetterVolumeChartBars
if (spd1 > spd2) and if (v1 < v2) applied on Red and White bars ...might work ..

Please don't get me wrong ...I just helplessly begging for solution...
One solution that I can offer is to change the CASH_FLOW indicator to update only once per bar vs. once per tick. Since we wait for the bar close to see the arrow and issue an alert, there is not much point in "per tick" update. It will definitely increase the indicator's speed.

M

mjackson

One solution that I can offer is to change the CASH_FLOW indicator to update only once per bar vs. once per tick. Since we wait for the bar close to see the arrow and issue an alert, there is not much point in "per tick" update. It will definitely increase the indicator's speed.

Enivid, thank you for your time and willingness to resolve issue related to this indicator. You do your best as per your knowledge and experience.
I do not know where is exactly problem but neither BetterVolumeChartBar nor SDRW give problems of this kind as CASH_FLOW.mql5. and I have both of them( BetterVolumeChartBars and SDRW) on 16 charts.....no problem. since there is too many supply demand bars and therefore arrows from SDRW I decided to filter them out as per criteria ( spd1, spd2 , vol1, vol2) so I get signals on important bars only ( Red and White from betterVolumeChartBars)...and that is help that I don't look manually for such bars (red and white with arrows from SDRW)...That is all what CASH_FLOW indicator do. How this works in SDRW? or How it woks in BetterVolumeChartBars? It works well. I have no clue what you use : ticks or something else..
Why does it make problem when combined those two indicators into one CASH_Flow I do not know ....

So Instead to convert CASH_FLOW.mql4 in MT5 version based on what I wrote above can you just combine those two indicators( BetterVolumeChartBars and SDRW) into one indicator, please?

Apply supply and demand arrows from SDRW on Red and white bars only in BetterVolumeChartBars and give alert when those arrows and red and white bars match, please?

That is all what I can say from trading point and programming is on you.
Thank you again.

P.S. I sound like broken record...sorry about it.

M

mjackson

I would appreciate if you attached the versions of SDRW and BetterVolumeChartBars you have in mind here.

Thank you. Those two indicators on (16) charts does not cause freezing of any kind and work almost perfectly (there are some graphic problem for each of them mentioned in corresponding respective threads). So I look only red, white and magenta bars(BetterVolumeChartBars) with arrows (SDRW)....so there is a need for alert for such combination.

Attachments

• BetterVolumeChartBars.mq5
    4.4 KB · Views: 20
  • SDRW.mq5
    5.8 KB · Views: 25
M

mjackson

Since you merged BV and SDRW then some alerts from SDRW are missing and I do not see supply(above high) and demand(below low) arrows on appropriate white and red bars.

There is alert for example: Red bar with fade arrow. What is fade arrow?

I will fully try it over weekend and post details.

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Since you merged BV and SDRW then some alerts from SDRW are missing

Which alerts are missing?

I do not see supply(above high) and demand(below low) arrows on appropriate white and red bars.

They were absent in the SDRW you attached for merging. Actually they are there in the indicator, but you have to set width > 0 for them to be displayed.

There is alert for example: Red bar with fade arrow. What is fade arrow?

It is defined in SDRW. I have no idea what it means.

M

mjackson

Since you are merging two indicators into one then I do not need to use additional Better Volume and SDRW indicators therefore existing alerts in SDRW has to stay as is and you are adding additional alerts specifically for RED White and Magenta bars. Alerts will not be the same on regular bar and on Climatic bars...

Cash Flow indicators (MT4 and MT5 versions) correctly shows Climatic bars with SDRW arrows and give Alerts. That the whole purpose of indicator : to filter out most important climatic bars , those with SDRW arrows and give alerts.

Yes. I put width 0 for all symbols and that is not reason for invisible supply and demand arrows because SDRW produces may arrows , making mess on chart and i do not need them all. I need arrows only on climatic bars if conditions met...

Instead to put color "None" which was not enough (showing arrows as black on background) this and colors set to color of background are the reason for invisible arrows:

PlotIndexSetInteger(1, PLOT_ARROW, 0);//233
PlotIndexSetInteger(2, PLOT_ARROW, 0);//234

So please put back codes for arrows but filter out all other arrows...just keep those on Climatic bars.

In SDRW there is no alert for Fade bars and Fade conditions are:

if (spd1 < spd2)
{
if (v1 < v2)

Fade bars are basically dwelling ( low volume and low spread)...Idle time and trading...Market like predator is waiting for opportunity to move...

This conditions can never ever happened to climatic bars: Red , White and Magenta. Never. I never noticed it...Warning and reversal yes but fade never ever.

Thank you.

attached:
Picture 1: shows SDRW indicator...Hidden arrows, Climatic bars are never ever fade, no alert exist on any fade bar
Picture 2: shows alert on Climatic Red bar saying it is fade which is wrong
Picture 3: cash flow chart on MT4 and that is what has to be in new indicator
Picture 4: cash flow chart on MT5 and that is what has to be in new indicator
Picture 5: because of too many arrows I gave them color of background so they are invisible. Please change code and parameters to get desired outcome.
Picture 6: Those alerts has to be in new indicator as well and some new added. Some of Current alerts I use on higher time frame.

Attachments

• BV_SDRW.jpg
    BV_SDRW.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 35
  • BV_SDRW_ERROR.png
    BV_SDRW_ERROR.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 29
  • cash flow_MT4.jpg
    cash flow_MT4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 35
  • CASH FLOW_MT5.jpg
    CASH FLOW_MT5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 36
  • SDRW-COLORS.png
    SDRW-COLORS.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 30
  • SDRW-INPUTS.png
    SDRW-INPUTS.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 22

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I've added all the original Alerts back. Please have a look and tell me what's to be added. I ma getting more and more confused with these indicators...

Attachments

• BetterVolumeChartBars+SDRW+Alerts.mq5
    9.1 KB · Views: 18
M

mjackson

I've added all the original Alerts back. Please have a look and tell me what's to be added. I ma getting more and more confused with these indicators...

I changed two lines as follow:

PlotIndexSetInteger(2, PLOT_ARROW, 0);//233
PlotIndexSetInteger(3, PLOT_ARROW, 0);//234

To:

PlotIndexSetInteger(2, PLOT_ARROW, 233);//233
PlotIndexSetInteger(3, PLOT_ARROW, 234);//234

And corresponding indicator with screen shot is attached.

As you can see on attached pictures your indicator shows all arrows which I do not want. I want , as it is done in CASH_FLOW indicators( both versions, MT4 and MT5): only arrows for red , white and magenta bars that meet certain conditions regarding the spread(H-L) > (H-L) of previous bar and volume > volume of previous bar:

if (spd1 < spd2)
{
if (v1 < v2)

It must show only arrows that meet conditions as it is in CASH_FLOW indicators ( both versions MT4 and MT5) ...
In attached indicator please modify alerts for Supply and Demand to reflect requested conditions ( in this case alerts on all other supply and demand arrows would be lost) or add two more alerts only for white , red and magenta bars that meet requested conditions regarding spread and volume.

No matter what you do outcome must be the same, there must not be change conditions as it was done in CASH_FLOW indicator. In some point we don't understand each other. I thought that merging two indicators with applying requested conditions will help because separately on chart BetterVolumeChartBars and SDRW doesn't freeze computer so by merging them might help. Unfortunately coding is going on unwanted direction and completed something that was done correctly in CASH_FLOW indicator(M and MT5 versions).

Please tell me where we don't understand each other anymore regarding these indicators, merging , conditions for alert...

Please check with CASH_FLOW indicator that you already created...

Attachments

• BetterVolumeChartBars+SDRW+Alerts.mq5
    9.1 KB · Views: 15
  • BV_SDRW_ERROR-2.jpg
    BV_SDRW_ERROR-2.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 20
  • CASH FLOW_MT5.jpg
    CASH FLOW_MT5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 21
  • cash flow_MT4.jpg
    cash flow_MT4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
M

mjackson

Enivid, can you just in BetterVolumeChartBars indicator apply

if (spd1 < spd2)
{
if (v1 < v2)

plot arrows ( as you did in Cash_Flow) and alerts if above conditions are met on White , Red and Magenta bars, please?

Alerts:
DEMAND_climax, SUPPLY_climax

SDRW indicator leave intact, no merging with BetterVolumeChartBars.

Please use BetterVolumeChartBars indicator previously posted (page 2of 4), outcome in terms of arrows and alerts must be like in CASH_FLOW.mql5 indicator...

I would be happy with that and that would be more then enough....

M

mjackson

Try the attached version. I think it should fit your requirements.

Thank you Enivid . Did you post latest indicator? Only arrows on White Red and Magenta bars should be on chart...Please see screenshot of CASH_FLOW in MT4.

This version has to be same on chart like CASH_FLOW (MT4 and MT5) versions.

Attachments

• BV_SDRW_ERROR-3.jpg
    BV_SDRW_ERROR-3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 26
  • cash flow_MT4.jpg
    cash flow_MT4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18