Broker Discussion

sammcgee

Trader
Mar 16, 2013
Who do readers of this forum believe to be the best forex broker/firm to trade with?

Who do readers of this forum believe to be the worst forex broker/firm to trade with?

Please state your reasons for your belief.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
I think STP brokers are best to trade with. Why?

STP brokers or Straight Through Processing brokers, is the name given to brokers that, when upon receipt of a client order, will pass on the orders directly to their liquidity provider. Liquidity providers can include a Bank, a Hedge Fund, Investment corporations or another broker and as such no intermediary in the order will be involved – in other words the STP broker will not be filtering the orders through a Dealing Desk. The absence of a Dealing Desk intervention is what makes the broker’s electronic trading platform STP.

With the absence of such an intermediary process (dealing desk) the STP broker will be able to process its client’s orders without any delay and in addition the STP broker will not send re-quotes to its clients something that most investors will regard as a huge advantage, as the STP broker in effect will allow its clients to trade during the release times of financial news without any restrictions. There is more to this anyway.
I am currently trading with PROFIFOREX and so far they've proved to be a true broker.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I'll second that, prefer STP brokers and so far, both Trader's Way and FXCM provide me with great price feeds, more depth and on the third one, Aplari - do face a few tech issues and requotes. So yes, STP brokers are definitely preferable.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
one of the first thing i noticed in forums when i first started forex was the phrase AVOID MM BROKERS :D :D i mean stick with an STP that earns from spreads (and if they steal they keep it low LOL) unlike marketmakers (i have not tried one) but people say they tend to be a little outrageous at times.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Are you kidding..of course, as traders we want to avoid MM at all costs and yeah, the outrageous part is kind of an understatement..@@##W@# that's wht I think of the scum.

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
If everyone is to avoid MM brokers, then who will patronize them. Are there not others patronizing them? what do they really have to offer? Since they are existing, I guess some traders are getting something good from them. I think I should find out.

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
I like FreshForex. Before I deposit my money, I checked this broker. Trading terminal is working very good, order execution is fast. I checked their quotation with other companies – everything is all right. Pending orders execution is Ok too.

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
I like FreshForex. Before I deposit my money, I checked this broker. Trading terminal is working very good, order execution is fast. I checked their quotation with other companies – everything is all right. Pending orders execution is Ok too.

FreshForex is quite a reliable STP broker, witch allowes ECN accounts as well. I'm satisfied with its work.

Jun 1, 2015
Who do readers of this forum believe to be the best forex broker/firm to trade with?

Who do readers of this forum believe to be the worst forex broker/firm to trade with?

I've tried many existing retail brokers, and nearly everything good in my opinion

but if I had to choose which one to believe what is not, this is my list of the three brokers that I believe and 3 broker that I do not trust

broker i trust wont mess with my witdrawal or my trade
1. Tickmill
2. fxprimus
3.hotforex

broker that i dont trust
1.Caesar trade
2.Ironfx
3.insta

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
I've tried many existing retail brokers, and nearly everything good in my opinion

but if I had to choose which one to believe what is not, this is my list of the three brokers that I believe and 3 broker that I do not trust

broker i trust wont mess with my witdrawal or my trade
1. Tickmill
2. fxprimus
3.hotforex

broker that i dont trust
1.Caesar trade
2.Ironfx
3.insta

Yeah those three brokers are really good, I have small account at Hotforex but don't make too many trades there.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015

Well I have experience with Hotforex, Oanda and Exness, Hotforex I believe is best as its STP broker i.e. acts a mediator only. I trade there on small lots and didn't withdraw much so still not sure about them.

ijak8510

Trader
Sep 29, 2015
I wouldn't like to say who is the worst but I have found that the best broker for me is First Rate FX. Reliable and trustworthy.
never heard about first rate FX, are they new player in forex brokers industry?
and even can not find their ads everywhere.
what is so special about them if we compare it with well known name like Tickmill, ICMarkets, DMMFX , etc?

RaviSarao

Trader
Dec 22, 2015
Kenya
I wanna look for good referral plans offered by the forex brokers, can someone suggest me the best referral plan they got from their broker !!

ijak8510

Trader
Sep 29, 2015
I wanna look for good referral plans offered by the forex brokers, can someone suggest me the best referral plan they got from their broker !!

Refferal Plans?do you mean Introducing Programs Scheme?
well for Tickmill, you will got $2Commisions/rebate per lot for 1 std lot closed by your clients who trade with ECN account, with raw spreads and $4 commisions for 1std lot open and closed

and got $6 commisions for 1 lot closed in classic account
Rebate is part of broker profit shared with their Introducer. more rebate a broker have, usually more spreads they charged to its traders

Wanja

Active Trader
Dec 15, 2015
I'll second that, prefer STP brokers and so far, both Trader's Way and FXCM provide me with great price feeds, more depth and on the third one, Aplari - do face a few tech issues and requotes. So yes, STP brokers are definitely preferable.
I am surprised the two brokers, you just mentioned Alpari and FXCM we recently fined $200,000 by NFA for NFA breaches. I believe once a broker has breached any NFA policies, I have reasons to doubt them, how came you trust them?

Jason Rogers

Master Trader
Sep 16, 2011
New York, NY
www.fxcm.com
FXCM we recently fined $200,000 by NFA for NFA breaches. I believe once a broker has breached any NFA policies, I have reasons to doubt them, how came you trust them?

Hi Wanja,

In July of 2014, FXCM settled a complaint brought by the NFA relating to charges of doing business with an unregistered entity and for failing to submit certain trade data reports. FXCM has resolved these matters and has taken steps to avoid similar occurrences in the future.

Jason Rogers

Master Trader
Sep 16, 2011
New York, NY
www.fxcm.com
Really? I thought FXCM is one of the renowned broker.

Hi Ravi,

We take regulations very seriously and believe it is in our clients' best interests for us to have regulatory oversight and transparency. That's why we are one of the only retail forex brokers in the world that's a publicly-traded company (NYSE ticker: FXCM) regulated on three continents.

As an industry leader, FXCM is subject to a greater level of scrutiny than smaller, less-regulated forex brokers. That's not to excuse previous regulatory actions, but rather to emphasize how we actively work with regulators to resolve issues and ensure the best trading environment for our clients.