Did anyone receive a message like this?

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I received an e-mail from my broker who informed me that through the rest of the year they will match my deposit as a thank you for trading with them. Has anyone else received a similar message from their broker?

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I've received numerous similar e-mails from many brokers where I have either a real or demo account. They always do that on Christmas.

So do you tend to make deposits around Christmas in order to boost your account or do you usually ignore those special promos?

I tend to not make second deposits and trade my way up, but I might make an exception this year :).

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yeah, been there and done that..X'mas is usually a slow week for business and Fx is no exception. It's just a marketing gimmick and if you review the "small print", you'll see that the offer comes with conditions depending on your deposit, account type, transactions etc..

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah, been there and done that..X'mas is usually a slow week for business and Fx is no exception. It's just a marketing gimmick and if you review the "small print", you'll see that the offer comes with conditions depending on your deposit, account type, transactions etc..

Yes, there are plenty of marketing tricks out there to fool less experienced traders into it and sadly a lot of people do not take the time to read the fine print. It is quite a challenge to find the few good offers out there.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Believe me, thought I should check out some of the er. wonderful offers, got 7 emails, went online and researched the lot. The small print (which as it turned out, was really hidden somewhere on the company website) made it obvious that the offer was what it really was, a handshake, pat on the back and a kick up the "you know what"..so much for x'mas cheer.
On that note, merry X'mas everyone!

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Believe me, thought I should check out some of the er. wonderful offers, got 7 emails, went online and researched the lot. The small print (which as it turned out, was really hidden somewhere on the company website) made it obvious that the offer was what it really was, a handshake, pat on the back and a kick up the "you know what"..so much for x'mas cheer.
On that note, merry X'mas everyone!

Hey, at least you read the fine print :) and a Happy New Year to everyone!