Thoughts on choose what to trade for newbie?

abi211gail

Trader
Sep 6, 2019
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestion that what should a rookie do when it comes to choosing what to trade?
focus on one or multiple at the same time?
and just out of curious, what do you guys trade currently?

• 👍
Reactions: Solid ECN and AKFX

jim carter

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
My advice is to trade pairs you understand. Instead of choosing a number of pairs, for the start its better to choose 2/3 pairs. You can try out any major pairs they are highly popular and volatile.

• 👍
Reactions: Solid ECN

torry9

Jan 6, 2020
Majors (USD pairs) work the best for a beginner I believe. As far as the number is concerned, for a rookie better limit the no of pairs to a few than eyeing on so many at once.

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
i would say try a bit of the charts that take your fancy, see what you like and what you dont like. keep a handful of charts open on demo and see

AKFX

Trader
Mar 5, 2019
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestion that what should a rookie do when it comes to choosing what to trade?

Do not spread yourself to thin, stick to a few pairs only, I would probably suggest choosing from the major pairs to begin with.

Be the master of one, not the joker of all forex pairs.

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
EUR, GBP and USD pairs are good to start with as they USUALLY maintain a relatively solid price and not too volatile so might be good to start out with on demo

Kingston

Trader
Mar 20, 2020
Good to start with a smaller number according to me. That helps you understand how pairs work better.Rest euro and usd are my favourite pairs.

yeneffer

Banned
Mar 30, 2020
To me, trading in a major pairs are a good way to improve your trading. The volatility is low and liquidity is better so you should be able to trade better

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019
Majors, Gold. They are liquid and volatile enough to catch price swings (use leverage with caution), gold is also perfect for long-term predictions especially when Central Banks pursuit goals of flooding liquidity into economy and governments doing the same with fiscal stimulus.

Pretty6

Apr 7, 2020
No matter what one trades, my suggestion is to start with low capital in the beginning. That's a must. Do not start large or over trade as that can really help you blow your account in seconds.

Jul 17, 2020
The stability of EUR/USD makes it favourable for the beginners. My another favourite is JPY/USD. Yen’s shown its strength, especially ever since the crumble in 2008. It's surely emerged as a safe haven.