Volume and Volatility Indicator Combined, Great...But....

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
Hey All !!!!

I am looking for some help with this indicator. Currently, it repaints signals (candle colors) given from days past and intraday.

I believe it is because the indicator is calculating in real-time instead of using the end of day calculations or whatever needs to be set in order for it not to change mid-day and change the past based on new data coming in.

Can someone take a look at the code and tell me what needs to be changed?

This indicator is a really great indicator because it takes into consideration that volatility and volumes are biased based on the time of day (sessions).

You would be doing a world of favors for traders across the globe. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rainmaker

Attachments

• iPolo - Volume Analyzer.mq4
    16.6 KB · Views: 28

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The indicator calculates VolAvg based on future data and then propagates it back to the old candles. The work-around would be to only calculate VolAvg using past data for this specific bar and not to propagate its value back. However, it would also probably make the indicator not as attractive?

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
The indicator calculates VolAvg based on future data and then propagates it back to the old candles. The work-around would be to only calculate VolAvg using past data for this specific bar and not to propagate its value back. However, it would also probably make the indicator not as attractive?

Thank you for your reply Enivid,

I have a question. When you say "future data" are you referring to the current incoming data at the time the bar is forming?

I do not need the candles to change behind only to calculate based on the past and evolving forward.

Why do you think this would make the indicator less attractive? I am curious. Please share your thoughts.

Do you have any idea or line of code that I need to change or can you please change it for me?

Also, what is the input "vfactor" calculation based on? I could not clearly define it in the code.

Those two things I would like some help with Thank you.

Many Thanks,
Rainmaker

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
For example, it calculates VolAvg for the hourly bar starting on 13:00, then proceeds to use that data on the bar starting on 12:00 - but that bar shouldn't "know" about the data that becomes available only on 13:00.

This indicator's repainting isn't trivial to fix - you'd have to change its code significantly.

vfactor becomes equal either vfactor_europe or vfactor_non_europe. The value you set to it when attaching the indicator doesn't matter.

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
For example, it calculates VolAvg for the hourly bar starting on 13:00, then proceeds to use that data on the bar starting on 12:00 - but that bar shouldn't "know" about the data that becomes available only on 13:00.

This indicator's repainting isn't trivial to fix - you'd have to change its code significantly.

vfactor becomes equal either vfactor_europe or vfactor_non_europe. The value you set to it when attaching the indicator doesn't matter.

Thank you Enivid,

Do you have a coder that you would recommend for the job? I am willing to pay.
As I want some changes made to make this and to have some original things added to make this more robust.

I will do my own due diligence on whoever you suggest, so I take all responsibility.

Many Thanks,
Rainmaker.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you Enivid,

Do you have a coder that you would recommend for the job? I am willing to pay.
As I want some changes made to make this and to have some original things added to make this more robust.

I will do my own due diligence on whoever you suggest, so I take all responsibility.

Many Thanks,
Rainmaker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone specifically, but I had good results from coders I hired via Upwork. You can also try to post an offer here, in our Jobs subforum, if you want to find some potentially cheaper options.

• 👍
Reactions: Djuzeppe

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
I wouldn't recommend anyone specifically, but I had good results from coders I hired via Upwork. You can also try to post an offer here, in our Jobs subforum, if you want to find some potentially cheaper options.

Again, thank you. I will follow up with both your suggestions.

Great Day,
Rainmaker