Forex Demo trading vs Real trading Challenge

J_C_Anderson

Trader
Aug 15, 2018
For sure, real trading is stressful and could be unsuitable for some traders. It all depends on personal attitude to risks.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
For sure, real trading is stressful and could be unsuitable for some traders. It all depends on personal attitude to risks.

If you don’t take stress on demo, then surely real trading would be stressful. So, new traders should take the demo as serious as possible.

J_C_Anderson

Trader
Aug 15, 2018
Of course, but trader will always keep in mind that these money are not real. To my mind, cent account will be better for such purpose. Demo account suits for manual testing (after automated testing using special software like Forex Teste or something like that), and cent account trading will be the next step. It allows to get trading experience without the risk of substancial loss. At the same time,it operates with real money, that gives the feelings similar to real trading.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Of course, but trader will always keep in mind that these money are not real. To my mind, cent account will be better for such purpose. Demo account suits for manual testing (after automated testing using special software like Forex Teste or something like that), and cent account trading will be the next step. It allows to get trading experience without the risk of substancial loss. At the same time,it operates with real money, that gives the feelings similar to real trading.

Then I must say; back-testing is a good option; by the way, personally I started my trading through demo then cent & finally the live account.

Baazex

Trader
Oct 28, 2019
You can Learn with demo account but its not realistic because in demo account you are not trading with real money and you cannot feel the loss risk much in demo account.

Momand

Trader
Oct 29, 2019
Demo and lIve trading are the same things I think. If you choose good broker, you will trade demo with the same trading platform, spreads and quotes, However, there are some mistakes most people do. I think this mistakes make demo trading not effective, so try to overcome them. Firstly, as we know, brokers always offer very high demo-accounts, something like $5,000 demo or even $10,000 demo. That's good offer if you will deposit similar sum of money when you will move up to real trading. Bit if you will trade with $500, that's bad idea to learn trading with $10,000. It's better choose $500 demo account. Secondly, many people forget about demo trading and consider it as a kind of game, That's so bad I think, as people don't control emotions and then, when they trade real money, they fear to lose or become too greede. So just balance this 2 things to get all benefits of demo-trading.

btseen

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Same here; even I have almost similar experience; when I made my 1st profit demo I was super excited & opened my live account too early! Then you know the result!
I am sure everyone has experience that at first :)
The adrenalines, the rushes, the defeats.