What time frames are better to trade on?

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Hi, I am a day trader because I wanted to start the day right. I always start trading in the morning when I have the right amount of sleep and see to it that I am in good shape. Before trading, I see to it that I am well prepared, not only physically but also in mental aspects..

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
All time frame are useful, even M1! But the thing is, you have to select your time frame according to your trading system! Such as, I use only H1 because, my strategy produces best result on H1! So, there is no fixed rules and restrictions.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Well, I see high time frames are much stable than lower time frames! This is way now I mainly use high time frames! Even, I have changed my trading style because of high time frames! Now I mainly use positional and swing trading styles in my trading! D1 is my favorite time frame to trade.

koolpips

Trader
Apr 5, 2016
USE the TOP DOWN Approach - so look at say Monthly , weekly , daily etc to see teh Big Pictutre , thamn zoom in Internals to Hourlies ande than 30min 15min 5min -- And use those say like 15min -30mn as it can smooth out teh nose - also keep in eye the momentum and Voaltility of instrument that you are trading

hope it helps

rggds

I agree that each trader needs to find a trading style that suits them (if that's what you are talking about in your article above)
It's too hard to create consistency in the beginning of a trading career if the trader is jumping around from different times frames and different indicators... without fully understanding them.

(nice way to sneak that ad in though)

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
analysis are done on 1h 4h and 1d for the day, scalps mostly on 15m but swings i keep em on a higher time frame,

I liked your approach on time frame! By the way, in my trading I always follow the D1 as my main time frame! I see, the market trend of D1 is relatively stable to follow in.

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
I also find that D1 is most stable to follow. However, not all indicators are performing well on this time frame. Especially for stochastics, I find that they are performing better on 4H time frame. But, eventually, it also depends on traders strategy and indicators he is using

Kennyrice

Trader
May 3, 2019
Short-term traders use hourly time frames and hold trades for several hours to a week.
Intraday traders use minute charts such as 1-minute or 15-minute. Trades are held intraday and exited by market close.

• 👍
Reactions: Zack King

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Short-term traders use hourly time frames and hold trades for several hours to a week.
Intraday traders use minute charts such as 1-minute or 15-minute. Trades are held intraday and exited by market close.

Whatever the trading style I’m following; I always rely on daily and h4 time frames! Because, I get clear info about market trend on these time frames!

Baazex

Trader
Oct 28, 2019
It varies person to person the best time to trade is when the market is most active within your region or the state you are trading

james_5

Oct 19, 2019
One can not stick to a particular time frame. I use the 1 min frames, 5 mins frames and 1 hour frames, all of them. I believe, my analysis is incomplete with just one time frame.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
One can not stick to a particular time frame. I use the 1 min frames, 5 mins frames and 1 hour frames, all of them. I believe, my analysis is incomplete with just one time frame.
I guess you are a short term trader; isn’t? Mainly doing scalping trading?

I guess you are a short term trader; isn’t? Mainly doing scalping trading? by the way, I use higher time frames as like D1, H4 etc.

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Every time frame is effective.

Which is best will ultimately depend on your own personality, risk aversion, mindset, time available to trade and strategy that suits you.

Practice and test on demo to find what works for you.

• 👍
Reactions: Zack King

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
Every time frame is effective.

Which is best will ultimately depend on your own personality, risk aversion, mindset, time available to trade and strategy that suits you.

Practice and test on demo to find what works for you.
yes i agree entirely on that 'Every time frame is effective.'

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX
Jan 8, 2020
For me, the daily time frame is the best time frame to trade Forex because trading the daily time frame allows you to zoom out and see the big picture. Every single forex indicator I tested out, was tested on every time frame (except for the 1 minute, because trading there is ridiculous). I was constantly blown away by how much more accurate everything was on the daily. It almost never failed. The only times where it did fail was where an indicator was really bad to begin with, it may have worked a tiny bit better on a lower time frame, but was worthless overall, so it didn’t matter.

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
I believe it is also true that the higher the time frame the more reliable it is.
Time frame must always be in context to the strategy you use as to how effective it will be.