Difference between Demo account and Demo Contest

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Can we learn on both demo account and demo contest?
What is the difference between the two?

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Account is an account, contest is a competition.
What else can be said here? Maybe if a person can't get the difference between these two ones, maybe he's not smart enough not only for forex, but for any business :D

• 👍
Reactions: Sforextrader

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
The problem with competitions is that they always seem to be based on who makes the biggest profit within a given time frame. No consideration is given to "good" management, like minimising drawdown, capital risk, and stop-loss management. In my opinion, winners of these competitions are just plain lucky!

• 👍
Reactions: trad$lo9r

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
Demo is the 1st stage for novice Forex trader, and demo contest is the next! Even, novice traders can skip this stage, maximum traders do so! They start their live trading after completing their demo, but trading contest is a good option for judging trading skill!

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
No, you can’t learn by the demo contest! It’s a different environment! I seem, there have so many differences between demo and demo contest! New traders should concentrate on only demo practice rather than any contest!

• 👍
Reactions: GazFx

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
No, you can’t learn by the demo contest! It’s a different environment! I seem, there have so many differences between demo and demo contest! New traders should concentrate on only demo practice rather than any contest!

This is so true! There is no relationship between a demo account for learning, and a demo account "gambling" contest. In fact, these contests do more harm than good because they inherently encourage unacceptable risk taking. The focus is on who makes the most profit, and therefore encourage risky over-trading tactics to achieve the best profit result. If you win, you have been extremely lucky! Why don't these cotests focus on things like lowest drawdown, or best win-lose ratio? Only then would they be truly beneficial to learning something sustainable.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Demo contest requires demo account and trading demo brings nothing but demo contest could bring a prize.

Jhans W

Jan 8, 2018
My personal opinion.
Is that the demo account is a great tool to learn to invest. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the trading platform and the trading conditions of your online broker without putting your money at risk since you manage a virtual balance to carry out transactions. When you have practiced enough in the demo account you can open a real account and start investing with your own money.

Many beginners think that a demo account and a real account work exactly the same but this is not correct since there are some differences from the point of view of the trader and also at a technical level.