Forex Blog

First-hand Forex trading experience and information about foreign exchange market that will be useful to traders

Archives

EUR/USD Falls on Before and After CPI

December 14, 2007 (Last updated on December 3, 2009) by

EUR/USD fell down to its monthly minimum value today as the traders expected for the CPI release for November to come out. It touched 1.4468 — the lowest value since November 6 minutes after the data was released.

Consumer Price Index in November rose at 0.6% annualized rate, as it was already expected by the majority of analysts, while Core CPI showed a 0.3% growth that month.

Industrial production and productivity numbers gave a little more surprising picture to the dollar bullish traders. Industrial production increased 0.3% in November, while capacity utilization for a total industry rose up from 81.4% (revised down from 81.7%) to 81.5%.

Comments are closed.