Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Really enjoying the ease of use of your EA.

Got a question tho. I’m trading with fixed risk in € with 1:1RR trades. I drag the SL line to where I want it to be and the TP gets calculated via EA. Usually there’s a difference in what I risked to what I made when it hit TP. Same when it hit SL.
There seems to be a difference of roughly 10-13% of what I put in the EA as my fixed risk to what I make/lose per trade.

Quick example:
Risking 10€ fixed on a trade and when I hit TP/SL it’s usually around the 8.9€-9.05€ range.
Is this issue caused by the EA or is it something else?

Kind regards
I'd need to see a screenshot of the panel with the calculations before you take the trade, but usually that sort of issue is caused by the minimum lot stop for the position size. For example, the Position Size could calculate the position size as 0.089, but due to the minimum lot step being 0.01, it results in the position size set to 0.08.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hello,

Really enjoying the ease of use of your EA.

Got a question tho. I’m trading with fixed risk in € with 1:1RR trades. I drag the SL line to where I want it to be and the TP gets calculated via EA. Usually there’s a difference in what I risked to what I made when it hit TP. Same when it hit SL.
There seems to be a difference of roughly 10-13% of what I put in the EA as my fixed risk to what I make/lose per trade.

Quick example:
Risking 10€ fixed on a trade and when I hit TP/SL it’s usually around the 8.9€-9.05€ range.
Is this issue caused by the EA or is it something else?

Kind regards
You need to set TP with Commission. Change the commission value while setup the EA and change the option UseCommissionToSetTPDistance True. And If you hold your position more days you will charged by Swaps which will lead you get less profit or more losses.

JLND

Apr 17, 2024
You need to set TP with Commission. Change the commission value while setup the EA and change the option UseCommissionToSetTPDistance True. And If you hold your position more days you will charged by Swaps which will lead you get less profit or more losses.
Problem seems to be solved for now, thanks!
I don't really get how this setting changed even the non-commission pairs like NAS100 and USOIL but it helped, thanks again!

I'll get back to you maybe after some more testing in live environment.

goldpath

Trader
Dec 11, 2022
How would that be different from the Trade button on the Main tab that you've just proposed?
This proposal instead of the other one would be better. For instance, implementing Take Profit (TP) and Stop Loss (SL) settings in points will enable the algorithm to automatically calculate the appropriate TP/SL levels while executing Buy Now or Sell Now actions.

bamboo1388

Apr 23, 2024
I downloaded the Position Sizer, but when i wanna execute a trade it tells me that i need to enable Algo Trading. When i open the Position Sizer i allow Algo Trading, but somehow the Position Sizer doesn't accept it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com