myRandom

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Hi there,
I'm now testing myRandom on FinFx Ecn broker.
I set all the parameters = 0, then enter the values manually.
But it's still not trading, why?
There is no Error message.

Thankyou,
tony

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Thankyou very much!! so I set it to zero, then implement it myself on the trades, then inplement the values back into the EA?

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
There is a problem, after it opens one trade, it won't open another one because I'm entered the values back into the EA properties. It's not practical for me to enter Tp and Sl everytime it opens another trade. Do you mind fixing this? because I"m doing some serious testing with this and getting good results, I"m combing this Ea with other trailings stop Eas and getting some amazing results.
Thankyou So much!!

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Ok, I'm running myRandom on Ecn. So I manually enter Tp and Sl, and it opens one trade. Then I input Tp and Sl into the Ea parameters in the properties. But then after the first trade is closed, it doesn't open a second trade. Why is that? Or do I have to manually enter Tp and Sl for every trade that opens?
Thanks,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok, I'm running myRandom on Ecn. So I manually enter Tp and Sl, and it opens one trade.

You enter TP and SL into settings or where? Or does it first open a trade and then you adjust the TP and SL manually on the already open positions?

Then I input Tp and Sl into the Ea parameters in the properties.

What for? You are on ECN - it won't allow you to open new orders with SL and TP on them, will it?

But then after the first trade is closed, it doesn't open a second trade. Why is that?

It opens new orders only when new bar has opened on a chart. Did you wait for this to happen?

Or do I have to manually enter Tp and Sl for every trade that opens?

If you are on ECN - yes, you'll have to add TP and SL manually on each position. Though it's possible to modify the EA so that it will do it automatically.

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Ok, thankyou so much. If you have time, do you mind modifying it so that the EA will do it automatically?
Thankyou,
tony

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Hi, i've downloaded the new version but it doesn't have "Change_EA_Mode."
also just to understand the EA better, is the randomentry period = no of pips of no of bars?
thanks alot,
tony

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Yes, its working on Ecn now, but just one minor issue: when the first lot of trades have closed, it doesn't open any new ones. E.g. Max trades open =2, so 2 trades have opened and then closed, it won't open another new trade.
Thankyou,
tony

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, its working on Ecn now, but just one minor issue: when the first lot of trades have closed, it doesn't open any new ones. E.g. Max trades open =2, so 2 trades have opened and then closed, it won't open another new trade.
Thankyou,
tony
Did you wait RandomEntryPeriod bars for the entry to happen?

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
My mt4 is doing some strange things, sometimes the EA won't open trades after one trade is finished, sometimes it will. E.g. USDCAD, after closing one trade, on the 30th of Jan, randomentry period = 24 on an 1hr chart, did not open anymore trades.

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
Sorry the problem was with my Mt4, i just turned in off an turn it on and a trade was opened.
Are you able to add a automoney management function? such as opening lot size according to risk percentange?

Thankyou so much,
tony

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Hello EarnForex forum members,

very interesting EA!
I installed it and added it for 10 different pairs in one account but the EA doesnt open a trade in more than 3 charts.
What is to do?

Thanks and greetings
hugo