ATR Trailer

tonynz

Trader
Nov 26, 2011
What about opening the first trade based upon Randomness like myRandom Ea? Or combine myRandom Ea and ATR Trailing into 1 Ea?

Thankyou,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What about opening the first trade based upon Randomness like myRandom Ea?

That's makes a very minor difference. You can control the initial position direction via the code easily. Test with first Short and first Second and you'll see that it's not a big deal.

Or combine myRandom Ea and ATR Trailing into 1 Ea?

And how would that work? Reopen position randomly? Even in the same direction? It wouldn't be a great idea - it's cheaper not to close it at all, but then how trailing stop should work if it isn't stopping anything?

idgwil

Active Trader
Oct 18, 2011
london
ATR Trailer nice EA thanks a lot but a small problem when I put it on to chart it wont allow
me to use a decimal point on the multiplier ...in the source code no problem can this be fixed easily

idgwil

Active Trader
Oct 18, 2011
london
Enivid the take profit on this EA is in sync with the stop the price will never catch it.ha ha
can it be changed to a fixed take profit? I am useing the latest download...many thanks

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
I am testing 9 EA's in my MT4, 1:50 Oanda account with 1K in each account (it is an ECN type of ticket). From here I am trying AUD/JPYWednesday1500, Otkat, ATR-Trailer, myPickyBreakout & binario.

I have been reading this website on and off for years and what I appreciate about the EA's shared here is their conservative approach and chances for slow steady profits. I have been blinded by the overabundance of EA's throughout the internet recklessly posted touting triple digit returns...they never last.

ES

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Thus far ATR Trailer is my favorite EA. I currently am riding a short down in EUR/USD H1 from 1.25761..currently at 1.22722...wow!

Interesting the way this trails....it is tied to the ATR I think...not just a simple trail. The Exit (which uses a stop loss as the TP) is rather tight now so I expect an exit shortly, as the gap open after the weekend will try to fill...

ask me in a few weeks how I like this EA...preferably after some losses ...☺

ES

P.S. I believe you need to attempt to learn everything that you can about your favorite EA before taking it live...You must believe in how it trades and be able to endure the inevitable drawdowns because you are committed to it. Were all here to make money...but this ongoing switching from EA to EA has got to stop and you must eventually stick with something...Hey 6-12% a year consistently is really a great result...professionals cannot even achieve that for many years consecutively....so guys lower your expectations and stop the gambling.

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
I am going to step out on a limb here and venture to say that over half of you in this forum could not endure several months of losses on your favorite EA. ...come on now...you know I am right...☺

You must learn how to live with your EA's. You must have a plan...do not let your profits ride.. Make a deal with yourself...commit to your EA (s) and say to yourself I will take out half of the profits once a month and let the EA build with the other half. Do not get greedy folks. Assuming that maybe 5 people here even have an EA that can even bank any profit with some consistency, do you think they have a plan?...do you think that they would share it publicly?....Look the only profit that counts is the profit you SPEND!

Having an ATM in the living room comes with responsibility..and many "battle-scarred" traders like myself that have paid the price would never share anything publicaly that they finally got to work. The price that has been paid has been far too high...besides no EA works with the same settings forever.

ES

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Would it be possible to add to this EA those red and blue arrows marking where the past trades were? Also the dotted trails between the trades would be nice too! Please do not ask me to insert chunks of code...man that would be a disaster for a guy like me....I could screw up anything to do with coding.

ES

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Wow! Thank you Sir...

I owe you a favor...Hope to contribute to your most excellent forum here in the future. Thats all I can offer is my writing style....thats what I do...I write and lose money in Forex...HeHe

ES

Please download the updated version.

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Is this with a 10K initial start balance?

ES

The forward-test of the ATR Trailer MetaTrader expert advisor on the 8-month period showed ~15.3% profit with ~5.8% maximum drawdown. The used position's volume was set to 0.1 standard lots. The EA made 200 trades, of which 39.50% were profitable. The default settings were used in this forward demo test on EUR/USD H1 chart.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Phumlani

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
thats what I do...I write and lose money in Forex...HeHe

You seem to be over-obsessed with the EAs. Have you tried manual trading? While I develop and test EAs, I am still only trading manually on my live accounts.

Is this with a 10K initial start balance?

ES

The forward-test of the ATR Trailer MetaTrader expert advisor on the 8-month period showed ~15.3% profit with ~5.8% maximum drawdown. The used position's volume was set to 0.1 standard lots. The EA made 200 trades, of which 39.50% were profitable. The default settings were used in this forward demo test on EUR/USD H1 chart.

Yes, that's with $10,000 starting account.

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
I can only trade with EA's as I do not have the time to be glued to the screen. I have a full time career....not as a trader.

ES

You seem to be over-obsessed with the EAs. Have you tried manual trading? While I develop and test EAs, I am still only trading manually on my live accounts.

Yes, that's with $10,000 starting account.

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
I am not interested. EA's can accomplish the same with minimal monitoring. Use the computer for the tool that it is. Anything can be automated.

ES.

P.S. Look...I am not condoning leaving manual or automated trading unassisted...that would not be advised. But automation allows me to be on the telephone and at the same time I can monitor its progress with a glance. I run 11 platforms on several monitors in my home office while working a full-time job. The only reason I trade Forex is because of MT4...no matter how biased of a platform it is towards the dealers.

You don't have to be glued to the screen for manual trading. There's long-term trading and pending orders.

Last edited: