How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

caele

Trader
Dec 19, 2015
Try increasing the MaximumNumberLength parameter. Default value of 14 should be enough, but either it is not enough in your case, or it was changed to something else in your case somehow. If that does not help, please let me know them platform version you are trying this in.
Thanks! That did fix the issue, overlooked that parameter previously.

I am now trying a new broker called SimpleFx running on the server SimpleFX-DemoUK on metatrader 4.
For some reason the calculator will not give a size recommendation.
Below is an example.
upload_2016-1-4_13-1-34.png
I am running version 4.00 with build 950.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks! It is now possible to attach .set files too. By the way, any file can be attached if you archive it with ZIP first :).

As to the matter of your problem, you set MaximumNumberLength parameter too large. MT4 text object can hold only 63 characters. By using MaximumNumberLength = 40, you 'forced' the platform to set the text size to more than 80 characters. Try reducing MaximumNumberLength to about 20 or 25.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Hello Enivid,

A minor bug report for you.

Hopefully you can see by the 2 screen shots that a price lines actual value (to the right) and the same objects label value are not the same. The difference here in both instances is 9 but after I watched it for awhile the difference can be as little as 2 or as big as 12+. Quite strange.

Attachments

• Stop Loss Label.png
    Stop Loss Label.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Entry Label.png
    Entry Label.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 16

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Take the stop loss picture for example. There we can see the stop loss line object is exactly on 1.09271 (The exact high price of the current candle). However when I hover over said line, the label description that appear says 'StopLossLine 1.09262' the difference in this case being 9 (pips/points whatever). I assumed that the description was supposed to copy and display the correct value?

The 2 pictures aren't comparisons, they just show that this is happening with all the line objects and their descriptions.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Oh... I see. That's a well-known bug with MetaTrader 4. I even reported it to their service desk. No such thing in MT5 as far as I remember. Anyway, it has no effect on anything - just confuses the users.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
No worries Enivid, I've not had much luck reporting things to the service desk either, most of the time I don't even bother any more, but thanks anyway for explaining.

How is the next big PSC version coming along? the graphical panel was it?
Is that still going ahead as planned?

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Hehe.

One last question. Do you know if an older saved PSC .set file can be loaded by a newer version of the PSC successfully?.
For example, I now have my PSC settings for 1.26 backed-up, if/when 1.27 is released would the same .set file load and apply without any issues?

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It will load the values of the input parameters that have been carried over to the new version. It will ignore values for the parameters that are no longer present. It won't load anything into new parameters that have not been in the old version.

• 👍
Reactions: Andy

caele

Trader
Dec 19, 2015
Hi! The solution you had for the MaximumNumberLength problem worked great.

I now added the indicator to my default templet.
When the indicator is used on the UK100 indices chart and I then open a chart on xag/usd the values for entry and stop loss are too far away for me to zoom out and drag them to reasonable levels.
Is there anything one can do to make them start at the bid/ask when you open a new chart?
By that you would not have to go to last chart,UK100, right click and change the parameters value to something reasonable to the xag/usd chart which is what I am currently doing. I find this easier then choosing the instant option for the entery typ and then changing it. Is there a better way then this? Would save some time and clicks.
Have a great day!

Surge

Trader
Nov 16, 2015
Hi guys,

This is an awesome indicator and can save a lot of time. If two more things would be possible i would be very grateful...
- Can "TakeProfit" line be set to always be at the opposite side of the current price from where the StopLoss line is, and can it be on screen at all times like StopLoss line?
- Can all the lines be automatically removed once the trade is executed, especially while using the script for trade execution?
This way we could set the StopLoss and TakeProfit visually on a chart, execute a trade with bot StopLoss and TakeProfit all at the simple execution of PSC-Trader script. That would be so amazing!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Can "TakeProfit" line be set to always be at the opposite side of the current price from where the StopLoss line is, and can it be on screen at all times like StopLoss line?

I am reluctant to force the use of TP line as it is not necessary for position size calculation. You can add a TP line and save those settings to a file or to a template.

Can all the lines be automatically removed once the trade is executed, especially while using the script for trade execution?

I can modify the PSC-Trader script to remove the lines when the trade is executed, but I am not sure that's a good behavior for a script to tinker with indicators. The next version of Position Size Calculator will feature a button that will show/hide the lines in one click, so that's no longer be a problem at all.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Oh no, I mean the standard corner text labels and their values such as Entry Lvl, Pos. Size, Future Free Margin ect.

I guess if the user wants to hide the lines, they would probably want the rest hidden too until it was time to actually set-up a potential trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.