How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
The individual symbol leverage addition is quite impressive and to be honest I didn't think it would be currently possible to detect each markets broker enforced maximums (both temporarily and permanently).

I recently sent a detailed service desk suggestion about extending the contract specification window to include more detailed information about each markets leverage but like many things I've mentioned they were unable to see the need for it.

I've found the most difficult part of the whole suggestion/recommendation process with MetaQuotes is that the people on the receiving end are software developers and are not consistently successful financial market traders whose sole income is provided by the markets. It makes it so much harder than it needs to be.

Quick question, In the legacy versions we had the 'MaxNumberLength' input parameter. With v2.00+, the boxes that look like they may run out of space are the money risks (Both Input and Result). How many characters can be fit into these boxes? (In total, including all digits, commas and the decimal point) or can the characters be scrolled across using the arrow keys if needs be?

Many thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I recently sent a detailed service desk suggestion about extending the contract specification window to include more detailed information about each markets leverage but like many things I've mentioned they were unable to see the need for it.

Thank you for doing this! The more such requests they will receive the sooner they will act on it.

Quick question, In the legacy versions we had the 'MaxNumberLength' input parameter. With v2.00+, the boxes that look like they may run out of space are the money risks (Both Input and Result). How many characters can be fit into these boxes? (In total, including all digits, commas and the decimal point) or can the characters be scrolled across using the arrow keys if needs be?

They can be scrolled using the arrows, so they cannot run out of space, but the convenience of the display would be lost for too large numbers.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
OK great.

And no problem, I always create a new service desk ticket for anything I think would be an improvement to an existing feature or a necessary addition. 90% get dismissed but some suggestions have been taken on board. Some reply to my tickets warmly and are open to discussion, others just reply with a single short sentence. It's a roll of the dice I guess.

LittleScratch

Trader
Sep 23, 2016
I must be doing something wrong but I cant figure out what, but each time I attach the 2.01 calculator (which is amazing by the way), it works fine on that time frame but as soon as I chose another time frame it goes and isn't even showing in the currently attached indicators list. I have to re-attach each time. Is that right, the legacy version never did it...... thanks

Oh just checked if I go back to the original time frame i added it but it has been removed from there too, to completely removes if you change time frame

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for reporting! I have fixed the bug - you can download version 2.02 and try it. Please let me know if it works or not.

MT5 version of PSC was also updated to 2.02, but nothing has changed there as it was unaffected by this bug.

• 👍
Reactions: LittleScratch

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Would it be possible for the PSC and/or its script to only enter an at the market trade based upon optional user input minimum or maximum values, those values being the spread and or the SL to Entry point distance?

For example, the PSC or script will only let the user enter a trade if the value of the spread is less than or equal to 'X' AND the SL to Entry point distance is less than or equal to 'Y'. Or even greater than or equal to 'Y'. Either as a combination or as single individual rules.

I'm primarily thinking of at the market trade entries under abnormal, volatile or illiquid trading conditions. An additional layer of safety that is optional and can be precisely defined by the trader/user.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Hmm, I would strongly prefer not to have to start tampering with your code. My trading is in a very comfortable and stable place right now.

Plus I would have to learn how to actually code those conditions into a piece of software which I rely on on a daily basis.

I will pass for now but I'm glad that it's possible to implement such a thing.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
No. On second thoughts adding these conditions to the PSC script may not work out as initially thought.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but each market I trade would have to have different condition values (Max Spread, Min/Max SL->EP Distances, Max Lots).

And since I cant save the same script with tailored values to each individual chart via templates or profiles, I would then have to create a newly named script for each market, each with its own unique condition values and then set a new different hot key for each?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
And since I cant save the same script with tailored values to each individual chart via templates or profiles, I would then have to create a newly named script for each market, each with its own unique condition values and then set a new different hot key for each?

Yes, that would probably be the optimal solution.

Kamil

Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Hi Enivid.

I sent an email to support but I figured I should post here. I am having an issue with how the indicator looks on my MT4(11.32626.0). It looks distorted.

I tried deleting it and re-installing. I tried different brokers. Same issue.

Attachments

• Chart.png
    Chart.png
    491.3 KB · Views: 21

Kamil

Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Sure, here it is. Maybe I installed it wrong?

Attachments

• 2016-10-03_1300.png
    2016-10-03_1300.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 19

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Frankly, I have no idea Kamil. The output looks fine. I would guess that your MQL4 standard library is corrupted, but you have said that you tried different MT4 installations and even reinstalled MT4. Is everything else works fine in your platform? What version of Windows are you operating?

Kamil

Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Frankly, I have no idea Kamil. The output looks fine. I would guess that your MQL4 standard library is corrupted, but you have said that you tried different MT4 installations and even reinstalled MT4. Is everything else works fine in your platform? What version of Windows are you operating?

Yah, every other EA or Indicator works fine. I am running windows 10.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
What screen resolution are you running? Maybe the PSC graphical panel either doesn't scale accordingly or just simply doesn't like / isn't compatible with certain screen resolutions? or it's possibly a strange windows 10 / graphics driver rendering technique?

Kamil

Trader
Oct 3, 2016
What screen resolution are you running? Maybe the PSC graphical panel either doesn't scale accordingly or just simply doesn't like / isn't compatible with certain screen resolutions? or it's possibly a strange windows 10 / graphics driver rendering technique?

The screen resolution is: 2338 X 1538. I don't mess with graphics drive stuff, everything is default. I run this via Parallels.

Status
Not open for further replies.