Trade in group or single ?

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
shutterstock_152360879-300x200.jpg
Do you think forex is team game ? is it better to be in group and do teamwork and then take trades based on team calls or is it better to play alone so at the end of the day you don't have anyone else to praise or blame except yourself.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I think it depends on the person. I personally don't like much outside influence in the form of actual trade ideas. I find it easy to blame others(in my mind) which often times may be justified. A few time I have made myself feel very confused, almost as if I had no clue how to trade anymore. It was hard for me to get out of those 'slumps'. It is a weird mental thing that happens to me. But I know at least two people that thrive in a group setting.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
There are benefits to trading in a team as well as there are drawbacks in it. One the one hand, other team members will help you to spot errors in your analysis and trades. You will also learn to produce better explanations of your trades if you know that others will read and analyze them. On the other hand, it will probably add more pressure to you and will make you trigger-shy in many cases.

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
I have never been member of a group therefore i dont know which one is better but i can see some advantages of having a group for example sharing knowledge or different experiences

ESinvest

Feb 12, 2015
I don't doubt that trading in group has its advantages, however I'm a single trader. I like to be the only one person responsible of my trade results (for better or worse).

kenx

Active Trader
Jul 14, 2014
Trading as a team will only work if each trader has a different strategy. That means one is a scalper, one is fundamental trader and the other is a day trading. That way there will be less conflicts between them and they can all support each other. I hope this makes sense.

Artur

Jun 2, 2015
depends on the person, for example i would like to have my wins and loses alone, and to be the only one to blame to in case something goes wrong.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
I have trade in groups. It improves your trading a lot but you need to be very careful in joining any group because immature traders in any group can disturb your trading method.

Jesse.muller

Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Trading in groups has the disadvantage that you'll end up following someone else instead of your own judgement.
It's better to do some trial and error so you'll don't make mistakes again instead of following other people and asume it's the right way.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
How it's possible to trade in groups? Via skype taking collective trading decisions? looks good for medium or long-term trading, but not sure it's applicable for scalping..

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
It depends on Forex trader himself how can he handle his trade. Forex groups are better to discuss and gain knowledge about Forex.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
I loved trading in group. I traded many years in several group, some face book groups and some chatting groups on skype, then I selected some good groups and keep my discussion with members. If you are in too many groups then you will get confused.

fx4ever

Active Trader
Mar 22, 2013
It is good belonging to a team where other team mates are also skillful. Otherwise it will be useless and rather may be proved burden for you.

For people who trade singly can feel lonely but forums are good place to have some company .

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
There are benefits to trading in a team as well as there are drawbacks in it. One the one hand, other team members will help you to spot errors in your analysis and trades. You will also learn to produce better explanations of your trades if you know that others will read and analyze them. On the other hand, it will probably add more pressure to you and will make you trigger-shy in many cases.
//-----

i would like to second enivid's post.... and this is thru real life experience....

the difficulty is in selecting the team.... remember your talkin pro ball here.....

we had a small 'online' private stock trading group on clearstation's site years ago..... etrade later closed down the site... there is no doubt in my mind each of us benefited....

in our case, potential members were chosen by the quality of their posts..... usually 12 posts is enough to know.....

a picture might be worth a thousand words, but a thousand words can paint a pretty good picture......h

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
Trading in group is best if you are in less number of good groups. Adding yourself in several groups can cause confusion. Every trader trades according to his style so you can get some conflicting signals from them.

abramyan

Jul 1, 2015
Trading in the group or as a single person this is totally subjective. But certainly both the environments can be productive for the aspiring and willing traders. Groups can be helpful for discussion and also inviting to confusion and arguments. While sole trader has more time to take decisions but may be over ruled by their hopes and emotions.

I think it depends on the person. I personally don't like much outside influence in the form of actual trade ideas. I find it easy to blame others(in my mind) which often times may be justified. A few time I have made myself feel very confused, almost as if I had no clue how to trade anymore. It was hard for me to get out of those 'slumps'. It is a weird mental thing that happens to me. But I know at least two people that thrive in a group setting.

I agree with you that trading in group can be sometime good when we cannot understand something.