Price Action & Trade Manual- No Indicators or Smaller Charts

DRFXTrading

Trader
Jun 23, 2014
Hello all, new to the forum, look forward to interacting with everyone.

The goal of this thread is to show traders a more consistent, reliable way of trading the Currency Market using Price Action on the Daily & 4 Hour Charts. You will see a more practical, realistic way of trading that is in sync with the major market movements, independent of;

• Lagging Statistical Indicators;
  • Contradictory Economic News;
  • Volatile, Stressful Lower Time Frames;

Statistical Indicators are the most widely used tools in trading, but most are based on past price data. This makes them lagging in nature and inaccurate when providing entry signals. Short-term economic data are also used to support technical-based trading, but most are often quite volatile and lead to erratic, short-lived reactions. Since the major economic factors that actually lead to strong currency movements will be reflected on the Larger Time Frames, waiting on these signals for market direction will always be the better decision for traders.

The reality of Forex Trading is the vast majority of persons lose money. Since most tend to be Day Traders, using the smaller time frames for their trading, the high failure rate is at least highly correlated with this way of trading, if not the cause of it.

Most persons that were exposed to the market for the first time are likely to have headed straight for the smaller time frames in an attempt to capture small, but quick pips. This is what the Trading, Marketing and Brokerage Companies promote since the more frequently their clients trade, the more money there is for them, regardless of how profitable Day Trading actually is. If we were in charge of these companies, wouldn't we do the same?

This isn't to say that there aren't successful Day traders, but there are several bad habits that are forced upon them by the volatile nature of the Smaller Time frames and daily currency movements that makes it highly unlikely:

• Indecision about the size of stop losses and pip targets;
  • Constantly switching from currency to currency to decide on which to trade in the very short trading day;
  • Anxiously waiting on a target to be hit;
  • Indecision as to whether to monitor a trade or leave it until it is closed;
  • The pressure to meet daily or weekly pip targets/monetary goals;
  • Resisting or falling to the temptation of violating a trade plan in order to meet these targets;
  • Trying to stay objective while wanting to take ´revenge´ on the market for a loss ;
  • Getting more emotional, irritable and anxious than you normally are;
  • Feeling trapped like a mouse in a maze, with the cheese nowhere to be found;

Another reason relates to the promoted approach to Currency Trading that comes from the prevalent culture in today’s society;

Everything must be done NOW OR ELSE SOMEONE HAS TO PAY! Am I right?

Trading is just a click away and with the ability to see several pips of movement happening right in front of us everyday, it is very tempting to want to trade when we want to. But desire is one thing and reality is another.

Feeding our emotions on a regular basis when it comes to money is a recipe for disaster; using Discipline, Patience and Self-control along with High Probability, Stable Trades are the pillars for financial success over the LONG-TERM.

This is what the Swing Trading on the Larger Time Frames offer. You can identify a setup, trade it, then leave it until the target is hit a few days later. No need to micro manage your trade. Just by taking a cursory glance at these time frames relative to the smaller charts you can see the stability and consistency in their movements. When this is combined with Price Action, which identifies high probability candlestick patterns, trading becomes a lot simpler.

I used to Day Trade and failed at miserably, no matter how often I tried different approaches. It was only after several years of losing money that I actually began looking at the higher time frames and started to be profitable.

With the help of my Trading Manual that details all the rules needed to properly trade on the higher time frames, I will provide the results of upcoming trades that will be based on;

• High Probability Trade Setups that Require Less Trading;
  • Predictable times for entry using the Daily and 4 Hour Charts;
  • Clear Candlestick Patterns that start and end Trends;
  • 100- 200 Pip Trades such as those executed during the Financial Crisis and European Debt Crisis and that have already beaten the BarclayHedge Top 10 Traders this year;
  • Practical, Unemotional ways to avoid checking trades;
  • Pre-determined exit rules based on each trade setup;
  • Weekly & Monthly Ranges not seen in any other strategy;
  • New insights that surpass the popular but recycled information;
  • A Proven set of parameters built on 10 years of trading and analysis of market patterns;

Follow my Swing Trades in this thread and appreciate a consistent way of trading that provides higher returns for Long-Run wealth creation.

Regards,

DRFXTrading

----------------------------------------------------------------

angle13

Banned
Jun 17, 2013
i think each trader will have each stategy. some one like long term, other like short term. all way can be win but we need know what we should choose.

Attachments

• EU.jpg
    EU.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 15
RECENT TRADE - NZD CHF - 231 PIPS

JAN%2B2%2BNZD%2BCHF%2BLIVE%2BSPIKE.png
(Dukascopy used for my Live Trades)​

This was a Breakout from a Consolidation Setup that was formed between the Downtrend Line and Uptrend Line.

DAILY CHART

JAN%2B2%2BNZD%2BCHF%2BDAILY%2BOVERALL.png
(FXCM used for Entry Signals based on the New York Close of Daily Chart)​

Eventually, a Bullish Candlestick Formation appeared on the Daily Chart to set the breakout in motion. Entry took place on the 4 Hour Chart.

DAILY CHART

JAN%2B2%2BNZD%2BCHF%2BDAILY%2BBREAK%2BSIGNAL.png

4 HOUR CHART

JAN%2B2%2BNZD%2BCHF%2B4H%2BENTRY.png

The Trade reached the target a lot faster with the unexpected market spike that only appeared on this platform.

Duane

Last edited:
Following this last trade, Live Account has produced

- 47% RATE OF RETURN
-798 PIPS
- FROM JUST 10 TRADES
- 7 MONTHS

The Demo Account, which tracks the Live Account trades (behind by 4 trades) has generated

-37% RATE OF RETURN
- 632 PIPS
- IN JUST 3 MONTHS
- FROM 6 TRADES

RATE OF RETURN - LIVE ACCOUNT

RETURN%2BLIVE%2BACCOUNT%2B47%2C5%25.png

RETURN%2BLIVE%2B47%25%2BGRAPH.png

RATE OF RETURN - DEMO ACCOUNT

RETURN%2BDEMO%2BGRAPH%2B37%25.png

RETURN%2BDEMO%2BSTATS%2B37%25.png

Candlestick Formations, Pennants, Consolidations and Trend Lines are all the tools needed to identify High-Paying, High-Probability trades each month.

Statistical Indicators and Economic Analysis are commonly used in the Trading Community, but I have found these to be unnecessary for this style of Swing Trading.

Thanks

Duane

Last edited:
AUD NZD 200 PIPS - RATES OF RETURN CONTINUE TO RISE

AUD NZD 200 PIPS - RATES OF RETURN CONTINUE TO RISE

This trade was a Consolidation Breakout from a Range on the Daily Chart.

APRIL%2B2%2B-%2BAUD%2BNZD%2BDAILY%2BSIGNAL.png

After determining that the Setup was in sync with the criteria in the Trade Sheet, the trade was executed on March 29, 2015. After 6 patient days, the 200 -Pip target was hit on Sunday April 5th.

APRIL%2B2%2B-%2BAUD%2BNZD%2BRESULT.png

If someone started using this Methodology in July of 2014 on a US$ 5000 Account, they would now be up 53%, 868 Pips from only 12 Trades...

RETURN%2BLIVE%2BACCOUNT%2B53%25%2B12%2BTRADES.png

Assuming an average gain of 150 Pips, this trader would now only need 4 more trades for a 100% Return.

On the FXCM Demo Account which started tracking these trades on October 1, 2014 (behind by 3 trades), the Rate of Return is now 40%, with only a 5% Drawdown and an average Monthly Return of over 5%...

RETURN%2BDEMO%2BGRAPH%2B40%25.png

Main Highlights/Technical Theories of Trade;

• Consolidation Breakouts;
  • Evening Star Bearish Signal;
  • U-Turn Tests of Consolidation Boundaries;
  • Obey Maximum Limit of Trade Targets;
  • Swing Trading Tests your Patience, but the gains make it worthwhile;

Duane

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
Hello Duane - nice results! Not too dissimilar an approach to what we talk about over on the PAST thread. Longer term swings are where the nice money can be made, no doubt about it. Although I have to confess to giving into the temptation of the lower charts every now and again :D

But if you are disciplined about your risk and your stops, I think it's doable. Looking forward to seeing how this thread develops!

I'm absolutely agree

True, and I will NEVER say that profitable cant be achieved trading short term, but my experience....

57c04eded3b5053618a2fa2e5d257840

and that of the majority of Day Traders on Forex forums suggests it is extremely difficult/almost impossible.

But if one can find a strategy this way, great, but I believe that more can be achieved focusing on the larger trends.

Duane

Thanks Nigel

I just took a quick glance at your thread, gonna look at it in detail later.

Yes, temptation to go back to the smaller charts affected me while I was Swing Trading too, but then when the losses from those trades affected the winning Swing Trades, I stopped altogether.

After that, I decided to put my Swing Strategy into a detailed Methodology that provided the safeguards and clear rules etc. so that I would stick to it. I also sell it to clients and provide Trade Setups for them based on this so my obligation to them keeps me focused on this way of trading.

I saw an analysis on your thread on the 15 min chart so I can see the temptation is still there for you lol.

Good to have a fellow Swing Trader promoting his style, not many of us out there.

Later

Duane

AUD NZD DOUBLE BOTTOMS CONFIRM EXIT THEORY

AUD NZD showing a pair of Double Bottoms that confirms the accuracy of the exit decision on the trade made recently.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is in sync with the theory behind when Consolidation Breakouts end and the pullbacks/volatility/reversal signals that tend to appear at these areas.

attachment.php

Once you are able to identify the type of Consolidation being traded/broken, you can set the trade target accordingly to maximize on the break, exiting ahead of these pullbacks.

Attachments

• APRIL 2 - AUD NZD RESULT.png
    APRIL 2 - AUD NZD RESULT.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
  • TWEET AUD NZD DOUBLES AT B.E..png
    TWEET AUD NZD DOUBLES AT B.E..png
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
  • BREAKOUT EQUIVA NORMAL FRON PAGE.png
    BREAKOUT EQUIVA NORMAL FRON PAGE.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 25