Pinbar Detector

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Enivid, you have out done yourself with this one my friend:D. I have seen quite a few pinbar indicators and this one is by far the best one I have ever seen.

ljizzle

Active Trader
Jun 6, 2012
Pin bar Detector setting

Enivid, thank you for such an amazing indicator..Has made my trading so much easier. I am however having difficulties in getting the optimum setting to pick out the ideal pin bars. would like to get peoples opinions on different setting to get the alerts to get decent pin bars. As i have been fiddling but still missing good clean pin bars.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Set it loose then so it atleast alerts you and then you can make the choice to trade it or not. Not so loose that its alerting false pins.

rbuki

Trader
Mar 16, 2014
settings

Discuss Pinbar Detector indicator for MT4/MT5 in this thread. You can ask any questions about this price action assistance indicator and share your input settings here.

Hi,

this indicator looks very promising, but I just could not figure ot the right settings fpr my approach:
- the pinbar most open and close within previous bar (i.e. the max. and min of the previous bar, NOT within its body)
- the nose minimum 3 times the length of the body

These are the only requirements for me.

Thanks,
Ric

Xamarass

Trader
Oct 21, 2014
Hi All,
may I have more details about the customized parameeters of that smart indicator ?
Possible with a drws tat explain hoe is configurable ?
From the desscription I don't undestand the means maybe with a clear drws I can undestand
Thanks a lot
Xam

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It looks like your MetaEditor has not enough system rights to write to the MQL4 data folder, which looks like this: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\<terminal_number>

Make sure that it is System-writable. Also, you can try re-installing MetaTrader if the previous step does not help.

superted

Trader
Sep 14, 2016
Hi, is there any way that the indicator can be edited so that it only looks back a certain number of bars? I really only need to see if there was a valid pinbar in the last 10 bars, not the whole history which it currently does.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Seem good to use pinbar detector, what timeframe that better one or we can use all timeframe and trade based on strategy like as if scalping use pinbar on 5M ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, is there any way that the indicator can be edited so that it only looks back a certain number of bars? I really only need to see if there was a valid pinbar in the last 10 bars, not the whole history which it currently does.

I have updated the Pinbar Detector adding a new parameter - CountBars. Let me knows if it works for you.