Commodity prices for coal are very important in determining prices for many other commodities because the coal is the major source of electric energy and is a primary fuel for power generation in the world. News on electrical energy generation and consumption, world’s coal output, coke consumption by the producers of steel and other related news go to this category.
- Cattle at Record on Prospect for Growing Export of Beef
- Rains in Australia Make Steel Producers Worried Over Coal Supply
- Japan May Offer Loans to Fund Clean-Coal Power Plants
- Steelmakers Must Shelve All Growth Capex Plans: Credit Suisse
- Steel Slump Doesn’t Qualify as ‘Force Majeure’ for Coal Contracts
- Iron, Coal Prices to Halve as Chinese Growth Slumps